Hubitat Package Manager evens the playing field for Community code, Apps and Drivers with Built-In apps and drivers. Built-In Apps get "installed" by clicking "Add Built-In App" button on the Apps page. Similarly there's an "Add User App" button, but it shows only the list of App code that has been loaded onto the hub. HPM simplifies the process of loading code onto your hub, making it easy to find after clicking "Add User App".
Drivers are selected in a drop down list as Type in each device info page. They are sorted into built-in and User. Like Apps code, if the code isn't loaded into the hub, it won't be found in the drop down list. HPM simplifies adding driver code onto the hub.
I believe you but this is what I got when I did the upgrade from Dominic's 1.8.2 to 1.8.3:
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:31.203 am debug Updates complete
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:24.435 am info Upgrading Hubitat Package Manager
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:24.060 am info Downloading Hubitat Package Manager
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:23.711 am debug Performing update
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:21.371 am debug prefPkgVerifyUpdates
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:19.911 am debug Updates available
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:15.378 am debug Updates available
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:14.440 am debug Updates found package for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/packageManifest.json -> null (force production: true)
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:14.437 am debug Updates found for package https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/packageManifest.json
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:14.357 am info Checking for updates for Hubitat Package Manager
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:13.334 am info Checking for updates for Honeywell Thermo Parent
app:795 2022-05-28 10:24:13.206 am debug Update chosen
I'm going to delete, go back to DMeglio 1.8.2 and try again...
Those are in fact, manifest errors that the app owners should fix. The updated Master Manifest on HubitatCommunity has a corrected entry for one that I found and fixed. The other will need to be corrected by the owner.
I was not able to reproduce the error. Again, no disbelief, just recognizing I must be clicking differently
An obvious 2nd option to upgrading is just Repair. That copies the same (1.8.3) HPM from either repo.
Ah... 1.8.3.A might be the culprit, I did that upgrade test last night and didn't see that error. I can try it again though
If you're feeling unsure, give Repair a shot, just to get back to: sure.
Just retested and got no error but the repos aren't in the same states when I do a delete-reinstall. Your copy is already "running" with an old list of Manifests. When I delete and reinstall, there are no manifests and so it picks up the 1.8.3 set. So.. no error.
I think the One/Two Punch of an Upgrade and/or a Repair will cover most situations.
Simply FYI I got a different error when updating. My production hub is a C-7, and it updated fine. My C-5 dev hub, when an update was attempted, hung on Installing updates. Doing a repair of HPM went fine and fixed things on the C-5:
C7 hub here and it failed (hung forever). But a repair seemed to set things right. Of note I am a Beta tester currently running: 184.108.40.206. I only share that for troubleshooting purposes not to disclose any Beta details...