Aeotec Multisensor 6

Had a powercut in the summerhouse and its fallen off the network again, really really frustrating :sob: I am tempted to just use batteries and then I know that any power outages wont effect it.

1 Like

I'm trying to DIY a sort of beam sensor using two multisensors. Does anyone know what I would need to change to have the motion sensor delay be less than 20 seconds? I want the delay to be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5 seconds, but I don't know how to add this as an option in the driver without breaking something. I'm using @csteele's driver :slight_smile:

You can try changing parameter 3 to 10, this is the lowest allowed value.

Summary

pir

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im powered through usb and i have 3 of these. I cant get the lux or humidity to work. I dont see why id need to do anything special. The parameters are there but nothing is reporting. Any help please.

Did you click "configure" on the device page? Also check the device firmware - mine is 1.15.

I like @csteele's MS6 driver - you can install via the community Hubitat Package Manager - search on "aeotec". It probably won't solve your issue but offers some additional features.

Yes i hit configure multiple times. I tried the default driver and the one around post 18 by csteele. Both drivers were doing the same thing. Im not sure which firmware i have, but i know its not the earliest one, and all parameters were working with ST. Where do i find the firmware, i dont see it on the device page.

Thanks

Here's mine..

Here's the firmware links

Not sure the firmware is your issue though - did you try to remove/exclude, factory reset then re-pair?

1 Like

My firmware is definitely not listed there. No, i didnt try the remove stuff because its happening on all three, i figure that cant be the issue in a situation like this...what are the chances. But ill try a little later.

1 Like

I don't know what could be wrong - if the re-pairing does not work maybe try again but do it running on a battery to see what happens there? You can always then plug it in after it's paired.

At this point I'm kind of reaching for ideas though so apologies..

All of my MS6's have worked fine when paired (other than some issues working as repeaters) and always reported temp/humidity/illuminance - in fact until recently I was still using one to trigger my outdoor lighting based on the illuminance reading.

One other thought is maybe bring one closer to the hub to pair - if you do the battery thing should be easy.

Thanks for your help. It turned out redoing the pairing fixed it.

@csteele is there an advanced driver that work with firmware V1.07? The current one indicates that version V1.10 is required. I have two old MultiSensors that run V1.07, and Aeotec states that they cannot be upgraded to the latest firmware (I have an email out to them to confirm that). Thanks.

I don't have any History going back that far BUT the current code should work, minus the version specific options. The most visible :slight_smile: is that the LED options don't work.

I assume you're trying this and have encountered a problem... can you elaborate?

Actually, I have not yet tried, but will give it a go.
On a different but related topic, does selective temperature reporting work with a threshold of 0.2F? I seem to recall that the minimum treshold in recent firmwares had be changed to 2F.
Running firmware V1.15 and a setup of 2 tenth of a degree does not trigger the expected reporting…

Looking at the engineering specs for V1.13 (latest I could find on Aeotec website), it seems like the min temperature treshold for selective reporting is 1F… I’m able to use lower value on V1.07. (For clarity I have several multisensor
S running different firmwares, and as part of an ongoing migration from ST, I was trying to harmonize them)

I'm going from memory, but the values are in 1/10 of a degree, so 10 = 1 degree

The allowed values are something like: 10 to 200.

So... 1 degree is the minimum. (Substitute real values from the spec for these memory driven values.)

Seems right!

Closing this discussion by providing the feedback I received from Aeotec. Devices with firmware V1.08 or earlier cannot be updated to the latest firmware and Aeotec is making available firmware 1.08 for these devices.

When I did this a while ago, I had to contact Aeotec support and they sent me a dropbox link (now expired) to the 1.08 firmware.