[RELEASE] Beta 1 - version of Honeywell Home Thermostats (Lyric etc...)

Let me take a look at it. I wrote the code for the remote sensor support, so probably my bad. :slight_smile:

Thank you. You did very well. I look forward for the fix.

@user2597 I started to look at it and it looks like a bug in my code. Would you be willing to test the fix, once I code it?

Absolutely, that would be my pleasure.

Hi,

I am very new to this. Just installed Hubitat and connected z wave devices to it. I have a situation where I( have to use Honeywell D6 Pro (split system). For the life of me I can not figure out how to connect and run this WiFi thermostat from Hubitat. I downloaded the driver and app into Hubitat. When I am trying to create a thermostat with the specified driver, it is not asking me for anything like IP or MAC. It just creates a thermostat that is not connected to anything.

Can you help me out with the steps of what I need to do. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

AV

Because you are new, I just want to make sure that beyond downloading the code, you're Adding them, right? You will go into the Apps menu item on the left and click Add User App

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 8.34.01 PM

Then find/select the new app and it will then appear in the list of apps. Then you use that to set the IP, etc.

Again, it's not always clear what "install" means when it gets done twice.. one to add the code and then again to make the code active.

If you haven't installed (and made active :slight_smile: ) Hubitat Package Manager (HPM), then I'd suggest you review it for its value. Its purpose is to do all the fetch/download of code.. all the pieces, as one "package". You simply select the name of the Package and finds the code and installs all the apps all the drivers, all the libraries, and so on. You then proceed to using the code, installing it :slight_smile:

You may not be familiar with importing code...

use this Import URL:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/hubitatpackagemanager/main/apps/Package_Manager.groovy

In Apps Code, click Import, paste the URL above and click Import. Then go to Apps and again, use the Add User App and find Hubitat Package Manager.

Thanks! Really appreciate the help. I followed the steps. Synchronized everything. I went to add Honeywell Thermostat App and got an error.

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: OAuth is not enabled for this App

That's a clear enough error message, but finding where to cure it is not. :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.03.40 AM

Find the Code in App Code and click the OAuth button. Click Enable Oauth on the popup. Exit out and you should be good to go.
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.05.11 AM

Thanks!

I think I got it working now! Very grateful for your help!!!!!

1 Like

That's one more thing that HPM does when it adds code.. if OAuth is needed, it sets it.

Hi,

I got it working. I see a thermostat and can change settings. I have a couple of issues though.

1. When I look at the logs, I can not see entries saying that thermostat is doing anything like heating or cooling or anything.
  2. I can not find a thermostat in the list to pu on a dashboard.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks,

ALexV

You should only see log entries when you something changes like the setpoint and you will see log entries when the authorization token is refreshed.

As for thermostats on a dashboard - I have mine displayed on a dashboard, so not sure why you aren't able to add yours to a dashboard.

Hi,

I have a D6 WiFi thermostat that connect through a cloud App to Hubitat (I think that is how it works). When I am editing a dashboard it does not show up as a device I can place on the dashboard. I can only see my T6 z wave thermostat and other devices but not a D6 thermostat.

@user2863 The D6 is not one of the supported thermostats for this driver. As I recall, some of the API calls to the Resideo servers work for the D6 and some don't. Sorry for the bad news. Go up in this thread to post 170 to see what transpired with the D6 and this driver last year.

Actually the way I use the thermostat ( just changing the temperatures) seems to work. What I am attempting to do with the rules is to set it up to change the temperature when the door or window is open to heat to 61 and cool to 85 also do the same if motion sensor is idle. Otherwise it should work on preset schedule. I have not done any testing yet. The reason I do not care about many of the other setting is that I have a ducted unit instead of wall unit and settings do not apply in my case.

So far with help from community members, I was able to accomplish the set up. Thanks!!!!!

Hello Guys,

When I tried using basic rules to change the set point on Honeywell T10 thermostat, it gave me an error and here is what showed up in the logs. Does anyone have have the same problem? or know how to fix it?

Thank you

It worked with Rule Machine, but not Basic Rules!!

@taylor Thanks so much for your work on this, I was so happy to find this.

What I'm seeing with my T9 (plus 3 additional sensors) is a 400 Device Not Found when I try a simple rule to change the heat setting.

I've enabled the debug logging and the auth appears to be working based on the logs. The following cause no errors in the logs:

Force Refresh Token
Refresh All Devices
Initialize

This is the error when the rule tries to adjust the heating setting. If you have any ideas I would truly appreciate it. I was a dev for most of my career so I'm ok with techy stuff :slight_smile:

Thank you sir.

Update:

I played around with the buttons/actions in the T9 device itself within Hubitat and discovered the following:

• setHeatingSetpoint didn't change the setpoint but instead took the current setpoint and turned on "hold permanently"
  • setThermostatFanMode works as expected
  • setThermostatMode works as expected

Btw, I have also tried the app code from the hack_erheat branch in the repo.

@wj72 Are you using Basic Rules to change the setpoint? If so, try creating a rule to change the setpoint in Rule Machine instead. See the post above yours. @user2597 ran into a problem with changing the setpoint using Basic Rules. Seems like it may be a bug in Basic Rules.

FWIW, I have a T9 with 3 sensors and I change the setpoint using Webcore with no issues.

Ah yes @WindowWasher , I should have mentioned that as well. I had the same issue as @user2597 with Basic Rules so switched to Rule Machine which resulted in the error I mentioned above.

I need to read this whole thread in more detail because I think I noticed others with that 400: Device Not Found error.

I might also try WebCore in this scenario since I will likely be headed down that road eventually as I find Rule machine somewhat non-intuitive and difficult to use.