[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Fingerbot

Fingerbot driver update ver. 2.1.3 2023-08-28:

• added Fingerbot Momentary capability
  • direction preference initialization bug fix;
  • voltageToPercent (battery %) is enabled by default;
  • Fingerbot touch-button enable/disable;

5 Likes

I guess the forward slashes are missing:

@iEnam use the link from the first post to update the driver. I suppose you have tried to update using the Import button? Unfortunately, there is a breaking change in this version related to the Import function and you need to update the driver once manually from the published link.

The file name in the update link should be "Tuya_Zigbee_Fingerbot_lib_included.groovy". In the previous versions of the driver, the inpirtURL was, however pointing to the main code name, which requires a second library file "kkossev.tuyaFingerbotLib.groovy" to be downloaded to your hub.
The use of Libraries makes the developers job easier, but complicates the deployment...

1 Like

@ kkossev : Many thanks for this driver. I have 2 Tuya Figerbot. Both work well with this driver.

1 Like

Hi @kkossev - unfortunately I can’t get my device to work in anything other than push mode. I need switch mode. When I change the preferences it doesn’t change the state variables - so it stays at reverse & only push. I don’t understand how to “update” the driver as you mention. I’ve copied the actual code & pasted it into the driver but still no change. I do note that line 78 is blank? Tried repairing device multiple times. Would you please advise how to update driver as you mention above? Many thanks.

Hi Dalida,

The best approach is to use the community Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) to install any custom apps or drivers. I suppose you already have the HPM installed? If yes, then you can perform a "Match Up" to add the Tuya ZIgbee Fingerprint driver to the list of the drivers handled by HPM.

Match Up example

Line 78 is empty, because the code from the library is already included in this file. If you look at the last lines in the code, you should see 'énd of include' comment like this:

Summary

Can you post a screenshot of the device debug logs when you change the mode from 'push' to 'switch'? My logs look this way:

EDIT: I just realised that this driver is not added to HPM yet... :frowning: Will do it now.
Update: The driver is now available in HPM, search for "Fingerbot"or by tag "Zigbee".

1 Like

Hi, this may be a dumb question, but how can I create an action in rule machine to get the fingerbot to push a button multiple times? Ex: at a certain time, I need it to push a button 4 times consecutively then stop. Thanks!

It's a good question....
The problem comes from the fact that this device has variable response time. In order to save the battery, it listens for incoming commands not all the time, but once every 1500 milliseconds (approximately). So, any command sent to the Fingerbot may get delayed up to 1.5 seconds. Add one second for the push down/up action.

I tested this RM rune and it seems to work:

I noticed that the Fingerbot does not show up in the list of the devices that have a 'Push' command. I will correct this in the next version. For now, you can use the 'toggle' command, which has that same effect.

This is perfect, thank you! I was looking for the push command, but the toggle makes sense. I’ll try it out. Thanks again

So just tested this with 6 pushes consecutively and it didn’t seem to work consistently. Sometimes it only did 3 pushes, other times 4. Is there anything else to try to get this to work more consistently?

Try increasing the time period between the pushes from 2.5 seconds to 4 seconds for example ..
Are you testing with exactly the same RM rule as mine?

I'll try that. The rule is identical to how yours is in RM using the repeat commands

@kkossev thanks a lot for your drivers!! I bought the Moes version: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005884658912.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.16.56db1802XygkwL and I got it to work using your driver, but it is limited to basic on/off/push functions. I can't change the push time or any other setting for that matter. Tried to pair twice, removed and paired again, moved to a generic driver and returned to the Fingerbot driver, nothing helped.

Here is the device details and the debug log when I try to change the push time to 3 seconds:

1 Like

Hi @NG582 ,

This is a new manufacturer of the Tuya Zigbee fingerbot and the new fingerprint was not included in the driver. Now I have added it, also made a small change that hopefully will not require the driver to be updated when another Fingerpront manufacturer appears.

Please update to the dev. version 2.1.4 from the link in the top post. Let me know if the Moes device works right after the driver is updated. If not, you will need to pair the device once again to the hub,

@Mikeymike88 this new version also adds the PushableButton capability, so you can use the Push command in RM.

2 Likes

Thank you @kkossev ! I’ll update it now. To confirm, is it the “Push Button” command? If so, RM is asking for a button number. Would that just be number 1?

Any button number should work, but put 1 to be on the safe side.

With your device in your specific environment, what are the ‘round trip time’ results when you click on the Ping button?

Works like a charm! Thanks! Had to re-pair as you predicted but every function is now enabled including the push time.

2 Likes

Sorry just seeing this. It’s anywhere between 2016 and 2580. How about yours?

Hi @kkossev
Thank you very much for your help & advice, & for loading the app to HPM.
Sorry for delay in replying- I’ve been out of town.
Ironically I appear to have the same new manufacturer model as @NG582.
However the “Controller Type ZGB” appears to be missing from the Device Details.
I am still unable to update the app as nothing appears in my HPM Updates or Match up when I run them.
Here are my details & debug logs when I try to change the preferences.
Thanks again, really appreciate all the help you provide here in the Community.

@Mikeymike88
My RTT times differ depending on where the Fingerbot is - when close to the hub and communicating directly, the timings are between 100ms and 1500ms. But when placed at the most distant place in my house and the device communicates via repeaters, the RTT time can go up to 5-6 seconds .

@Dalida your device new fingerprint was added to the dev. branch version at that time. As I don't have exactly the same device, I usually update the development branch version of the driver, that the user who requested the change must update manually from the link on the top post.

As it was already confirmed that the change is working OK, now the latest version is also available for automatic updates from HPM.