Neato: The Last Great Step to Total ST Freedom

did you install the drivers also??

So I missed the drivers before. I just installed them and got the app installed now but it seems like all the options for controlling the botvac are gone. I have to be missing something. Or installing the wrong code or something.

Does anyone know how to update the child devices? I've added a few zones since installing this and I don't see them updating on Hubitat?

Does this call for a uninstall-reinstall of the integration?

Thank you,

Change the device driver of the device to DEVICE. Click save, then click all the delete buttons (child devices, state etc). Change back to the previous driver, click save, then click configure and everything should be good.

2 Likes

I just got this error opening the app:

That is in the function devicesList(), and it uses reAttemptPeriod without defining it (as is done at line 310 in refreshAuthToken(). I added this to line 451 and got the error to go away:

def reAttemptPeriod = 300 // in sec

@gassgs I also suggest you add this to HPM to it's easy for people to find and install the app/driver.

I haven't ever seen this error occur...Thanks for the fix! I'll look at getting it added and also getting it added to HPM this weekend when I have some spare time.

1 Like

Sorry I just saw your post...I think if you disable the child devices from the device page, save, and then re-enable them, and save... it should recreate the child devices with the latest changes.

Hmmm, seems that the Child Devices are not coming back. Does it take a while?

EDIT: It does take a few minutes to refresh. All the Child Devices are reporting back now!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi all,

I've just bought a Neato D9 (after the brush bar gear on my D7 wore down) and tried adding this into the driver, however I think because it's a new model the driver isn't picking it up.

Has anyone successfully integrated any of the newer D8,D9 or D10 models into HE please?

Cheers
Guy

1 Like

Doh! Looks like it's been tried!

Someone was able to get support for a D8 into Home Assistant, but they were still looking for help debugging the D9 and D10.

2 Likes

I'm new to Hubitat from SmartThings (Thanks to the "Great Deletion").

Thanks for those who worked on this, I managed to get my D7 connected and running via Hubitat.

But I'm having difficulty with seeing the zones. Do they still need to be added manually to the code or should they show up automatically now? I tried disabling and re-enabling Zone Child Devices. I tried changing Type to Device, clicked all the delete buttons, then changed back to the previous driver. I don't have a configure button, but I clicked save and refresh, I still only see "standard", "extra care", and "deep" under "set navigation mode".

How long did you wait after adding? I think it takes like 5 or 10 minutes for child devices to show up. I was the same and was impatient. They do show up.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 093547

It's been over 24 hours now. When you say, "How long did I wait after adding?". Adding what? Do I have to add the zones manually to the code? Because I did not do that, if I do, which one gets modified and where?

So you're running the app to connect your robots which adds them as devices?

Hmm, ok, I had created the device manually before adding the app. So now, I removed that device and the app. Recreated the app and let it rebuild the device from the app.

Enabled Zone Child Devices:

Let it sit for about 20 minutes still no zones.

2 Likes

I remember it was a bit of a pain in the butt for me as well when I first installed it. You're definitely on the right track though. And your d7 is still connected to your network? Make sure it's awake maybe?

Do you guys ever get the child zone devices to show up? I can’t for whatever reason, even though the zones are defined in the Neato mobile app.

Excellent! Does the D8 now work with HE? Do you know of it's drive