Support for Bond hub

I see this error in my logs as well. In my case, it's not often but my bridge seems to be working so I have just ignored it.

@terminal3 Thanks so much - in my case, it’s weird as I’ve only just started getting the error, and for a week or so after I initially installed it, I hadn’t been getting the error. As long as it’s working, I’ll ignore!

Hadn't really paid that much attention to it, but I just went back for the entire length of my log and I have gotten the error 19 times in the last 24+ hours. Hasn't effected operation that I have noticed.

2 Likes

i'm having something close but mine is getState: 404 - null over and over

Is the built-in App in Hubitat this integration? This looks like it should be able to set reverse and forward but the device driver installed for the fan doesn't seem to have support.

This is a community developed integration. The official integration from HE was just released recently, and it going through some significant changes that should be coming in the next HE hub firmware release. Likely timing a couple months or more away.

The community integration has more features at this point than the HE-provided version. The community version does support setting reverse on fans that support that feature.

If you installed the built-in integration using the "Add built-in app" button, then you have the official Bond integration (which does not yet support reverse).

You can find the post for the community Bond integration here:

You can install the community Bond integration from that post, or from the Hubitat Package Manager:

1st off, I'm new to Hubitat coming over from SmartThings. Wishing I would have done this years ago! I recently added 15 Allen + Roth shades to my home and to Hubitat using this custom app (THANK YOU!). Can someone tell me what the "Fix Shade" command is supposed to do. I was hoping it would help me fix the shades that aren't even but when I send the command, nothing happens and I don't see anything failing in the logs.

I've searched this thread as well as the github but couldn't find the answer. TIA!

I never used Bond for shades but, for the community integration, Fix Lights was a way to update the status of the lights to reality when the lights got out of sync with the integration. If the shades are using RF portion of Bond, it is possible that you could send a closed command to shades so that Bond integration thinks shades are closed but shades don't actually close. Then, your integration is out of sync.

1 Like

What Hydro says sounds right.

Usually a "Fix" command will have parameters you can set that tell HE the current true state. E.g., Open/Closed, or position, etc. I haven't used the HE Bond integration for any blinds/shade control so haven't seen what you're talking about. Interestingly, the fan side of the HE Bond integration does not include a Fix option.

Can you post a screenshot of the command on the device page?

If you can't post screenshots yet, join the Owners Group to enable that.

https://community.hubitat.com/g/owners

1 Like

Looks like it does just allow me to fix the status, thank you both!

2 Likes

Next question... :slight_smile:

I'm having trouble issuing a stop command for my Allen & Roth shades through the Bond Integration using a button controller. I'm getting the following error:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_bond_BOND_Motorized_Shade_646.stopPositionChange() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (method stopPositionChange)

I am able to issue the stop command directly from the device commands. It seems to only be an issue when trying through the Advanced Button Controller App or a Rule Machine rule.

Any suggestions?

Assuming you're using the built-in Bond integration, I'm tagging @bcopeland.

Can you post a screen shot of the relevant part of the button controller rule that shows the "stop" command, and the device page for the shade that shows the "stop" command in the Commands section of the device page?

There was a problem previously w/formatting of commands in the driver (e.g., Off vs. off) that was throwing off rules in Button Controller. I believe those issues were fixed, but might be good to check that just in case.

BTW - best forum name ever. :wink:

Sorry - meant show what command is being sent by the button rule in the "Stop Shades: Office Shade details in the button rule.

To work w/the driver it has to be like below - lower case "stop."

That may be the issue. It's showing "Stop"

Rule Machine also has a capital S which explains why it fails there as well.

Possibly...the fact that it shows "Stop shade/blind" looks like it's not showing the actual command sent.

Try opening up a logs window and run the automation and see what happens in the logs for the button controller, and for your shades (enable debug logging on shades) when you issue the Stop command from the button.

Thanks. Pinging @bertabcd1234 for some assistance. Looks like an issue w/the Bond integration that will need HE to review.

That error says it's from a user driver, not a built-in driver. "Stop" is not a standard command on any shade/blind-related capability I can think of. The rule is trying to call stopPositionChange(), which it appears that driver does not implement,though from the screenshot above, it ooooa like it does. Is there a typo in not seeing somewhere, or are these maybe not the samuel device?