Support for Bond hub

@dman2306 - Any chance the info logs in the setPosition method for the motorized shade driver could be optional, e.g. driven by a setting from the app, similar to the debug logging option in the app setup? Not a major one, just like to keep the logs relatively clean.

Thanks,
Simon

@dman2306,

Noticed this on the Bond forum and thought I'd pass it on in case you weren't aware. They are extending the device id to 64-bit for new devices starting in firmware v3, due out on Sept 27.

Simon

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn't aware but I think it should work fine. I treat all of those as strings so it shouldn't break anything.

2 Likes

I have gotten the integration to work with my fan.

Currently I have a fan with 6 speeds, reversible, and a dimmable lamp.

From the bond app all functions work.

From HE I can get either the fan to work using the driver for fan with direction or the light to work with the Bond Fan Light driver. But I am unable to get the dimmer to work or the fan and the light to work together.

Any ideas or help?

Trying to add Bond hub and get the following error:

Error: No signature of method: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getMessage()

From earlier posts I did check the ip address and it is correct.
Any ideas?

At what point are you getting this error?

initial install of the hub

So when you install the BOND home integration app on HE? And you've confirmed both the BOND IP and toek are correct, so you hit NEXT and that's when you get the error?

Nevermind, but thanks for helping. I changed the wifi network on the hub and now works

2 Likes

I am getting these errors in the log routinely - V.1.4.0

The device IDs are two fans in my house. The devices appear to be configured correctly and have the right device ID that matches in the Bond IOS app. Any thoughts? Thanks

dev:6752022-02-20 07:55:55.842 am errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI on line 372 (method addChildDevice)
dev:6782022-02-20 07:55:55.806 am errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI on line 372 (method addChildDevice)

Same issue here.

Is this a new issue? I haven't experienced this and I haven't touched the code in a while

I'm getting a new (AFAIK, odd debug message from the Bond integation, zillions of them in my logs...starts happening every 30s after I set speed to L, M, or H on a fan. If I change to Low it changes Translating 1:3 to HE low. Rebooting didn't change anything. I haven't touched the integration or settings in ages.

Anyone seen this before?

Hi there - I’ve been trying to link my Bond Bridge to my Hubitat, and while it worked for about a week, I’m now getting constant errors in the logs “ [error] executeAction: connection to BOND hub appears to be down. Check if the IP is correct.”

I’ve checked my IP for the bridge (it’s fixed, and the same), and I’m able to use the Bond app to control the devices, so I know it’s working - I’ve just somehow lost the connection to Hubitat.

Anyone have any idea what might be happening? (I’m also new to Hubitat, so apologies if this is a simple fix). Thanks in advance.

I see this error in my logs as well. In my case, it's not often but my bridge seems to be working so I have just ignored it.

@terminal3 Thanks so much - in my case, it’s weird as I’ve only just started getting the error, and for a week or so after I initially installed it, I hadn’t been getting the error. As long as it’s working, I’ll ignore!

Hadn't really paid that much attention to it, but I just went back for the entire length of my log and I have gotten the error 19 times in the last 24+ hours. Hasn't effected operation that I have noticed.

2 Likes

i'm having something close but mine is getState: 404 - null over and over

Is the built-in App in Hubitat this integration? This looks like it should be able to set reverse and forward but the device driver installed for the fan doesn't seem to have support.

This is a community developed integration. The official integration from HE was just released recently, and it going through some significant changes that should be coming in the next HE hub firmware release. Likely timing a couple months or more away.

The community integration has more features at this point than the HE-provided version. The community version does support setting reverse on fans that support that feature.

If you installed the built-in integration using the "Add built-in app" button, then you have the official Bond integration (which does not yet support reverse).

You can find the post for the community Bond integration here:

You can install the community Bond integration from that post, or from the Hubitat Package Manager: