Support for Bond hub

1st off, I'm new to Hubitat coming over from SmartThings. Wishing I would have done this years ago! I recently added 15 Allen + Roth shades to my home and to Hubitat using this custom app (THANK YOU!). Can someone tell me what the "Fix Shade" command is supposed to do. I was hoping it would help me fix the shades that aren't even but when I send the command, nothing happens and I don't see anything failing in the logs.

I've searched this thread as well as the github but couldn't find the answer. TIA!

I never used Bond for shades but, for the community integration, Fix Lights was a way to update the status of the lights to reality when the lights got out of sync with the integration. If the shades are using RF portion of Bond, it is possible that you could send a closed command to shades so that Bond integration thinks shades are closed but shades don't actually close. Then, your integration is out of sync.

1 Like

What Hydro says sounds right.

Usually a "Fix" command will have parameters you can set that tell HE the current true state. E.g., Open/Closed, or position, etc. I haven't used the HE Bond integration for any blinds/shade control so haven't seen what you're talking about. Interestingly, the fan side of the HE Bond integration does not include a Fix option.

Can you post a screenshot of the command on the device page?

If you can't post screenshots yet, join the Owners Group to enable that.

https://community.hubitat.com/g/owners

1 Like

Looks like it does just allow me to fix the status, thank you both!

2 Likes

Next question... :slight_smile:

I'm having trouble issuing a stop command for my Allen & Roth shades through the Bond Integration using a button controller. I'm getting the following error:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_bond_BOND_Motorized_Shade_646.stopPositionChange() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (method stopPositionChange)

I am able to issue the stop command directly from the device commands. It seems to only be an issue when trying through the Advanced Button Controller App or a Rule Machine rule.

Any suggestions?

Assuming you're using the built-in Bond integration, I'm tagging @bcopeland.

Can you post a screen shot of the relevant part of the button controller rule that shows the "stop" command, and the device page for the shade that shows the "stop" command in the Commands section of the device page?

There was a problem previously w/formatting of commands in the driver (e.g., Off vs. off) that was throwing off rules in Button Controller. I believe those issues were fixed, but might be good to check that just in case.

BTW - best forum name ever. :wink:

Sorry - meant show what command is being sent by the button rule in the "Stop Shades: Office Shade details in the button rule.

To work w/the driver it has to be like below - lower case "stop."

That may be the issue. It's showing "Stop"

Rule Machine also has a capital S which explains why it fails there as well.

Possibly...the fact that it shows "Stop shade/blind" looks like it's not showing the actual command sent.

Try opening up a logs window and run the automation and see what happens in the logs for the button controller, and for your shades (enable debug logging on shades) when you issue the Stop command from the button.

Thanks. Pinging @bertabcd1234 for some assistance. Looks like an issue w/the Bond integration that will need HE to review.

That error says it's from a user driver, not a built-in driver. "Stop" is not a standard command on any shade/blind-related capability I can think of. The rule is trying to call stopPositionChange(), which it appears that driver does not implement,though from the screenshot above, it ooooa like it does. Is there a typo in not seeing somewhere, or are these maybe not the samuel device?

I'm using the "Bond Home Integration" app that Dominick Meglio built. I can open, close and stop the shades directly from the device page. The issue is only when I'm using the Advanced Button Controller or Rule Machine to issue the commands and it seems that it's an issue with the apps issuing "Stop" instead of "stop".

I don't see any evidence of anything called Stop() being called in the logs above, just stopPositionChange(), which the device in the screenshot appears to have and shouldn't throw this error (one reason I'm wondering idnits the same).

I still can't get the built in support work work reliably on my 3 ceiling fans. The community driver works like a champ still though so no biggie. I do keep testing the built in support periodically but it doesn't want to work most of the time for me.

The new HE Bond Integration works for me very reliably. There are some issues w/functionality/flexibility compared to Dominick's, but for general use I have had no issues with it.

I am having issues w/my Bond hub, which has needed to be rebooted a couple times recently. The symptoms are HE control stops working, and then when I check the Bond app I find it also is unable to control my fans (so not an HE issue). The Bond app shows a fan is on, but the fan sits there not moving. A reboot of the Bond Bridge remedies it and things are fine in the Bond app and HE again.

Seems like something may be fishy either w/the most recent Bond Bridge FW release, or w/my Bond specifically.

1 Like

Apologies - the issue I was referring to was w/the HE Bond integration, not Dominicks - sorry - I missed that you were using his app. Just not paying attention.

I think Robert is on the right track above...the "stopPositionChange" comand does appear be included in the driver, but the command when sent to the shade is being rejected.

Turn on debug logs in the Device page of the shades, and tap startPositionChange and stopPositionChange buttons and see what the logs say for those two commands.

No worries! I don't see where to turn on debug logging on the device. I meant to mention that in my reply last night.