C-8 Pro

This is from Amazon's website for the C-8 Pro

13 Likes

You are one of the lucky ones (or those w/the issue are the unlucky ones)...but the issue was seen repeatedly after the C8 was released, and removing POE resolved it. I didn't pay a ton of attention as my C8 wasn't on a Unifi switch... :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is the hypothesis. Some users have reported that removing a UniFi PoE Switch connected PoE Splitter, has resolved issues on their C8 (non Pro) hubs. For others, it is not an issue. :man_shrugging:

I have never heard anyone state that nearby PoE splitter powered devices has interfered with their C8 (non Pro) hubs.

I have 6 PoE powered devices ( C8, C7, C7, Lutron SmartBridge Pro, Philips Hue bridge, and Home Assistant Yellow PoE) all sitting within 2 feet of each other, 5 of which are using UCTRONICS PoE splitters (some microUSB, some USB-C) attached to my UniFi Lite 16 PoE switch. I have never had any issues with any of the devices. I have used the Z-Wave in the C7, C8, and HA Yellow without any immediate issues (although my use of Z-Wave is minimal.) I do use a bunch of Zigbee devices and have never had any issues.

I wonder whether the extra cpu power & memory would allow the HPM version of webcore to install?

After the network switch update here along with the HomeLab rack if the wife sees another piece of hardware, she will probably throw me away. My finger was hovering over the purchase button until I saw what my life may look like after the purchase.

2 Likes

Have you posted questions related to this on the HPM topic? That's where you'll get the quickest/clearest answers.

2 Likes

Can you not simply install the updated webCoRE App and Driver code manually? Should just be a copy/paste like the good old days, right?

1 Like

You could even install it on a second hub... if you have one lying around.... :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully a new ethernet chipset.

1 Like

Will the upgraded RAM mean that the free memory starts higher and therefore takes longer to leak out? (genuine question as opposed to brutal sarcasm)

3 Likes

That would be pure coincidence, in my opinion. It's theoretically possible that SAVE is memory limited, but it seems unlikely. It's theoretically possible that SAVE is CPU limited. More likely that faster CPU = faster save. I'm guessing here.. but I don't think Hubitat started the development of the hub X months ago, predicting that WebCoRE would grow to a size where save exceeds 5 mins a couple weeks ago. :slight_smile: I doubt they are early releasing it in the hopes that all WebCoRE users buy a new hub. or all HPM users, or all HubConnect users. :smiley: (Those are the 3 bigish apps that come to mind.)

1 Like

It's for her benefit. Her smart home will run more smoothly, with fewer delays and no slowdowns.

3 Likes

You have nearly 300 apps?!?!? I do not even know there was that many apps let along know where to find them?

What am I missing out on? How can I get them? Do you have recommendations of apps to be running?

It means fewer GCs and faster parallel event processing.

So, what you're saying is "The C-8 Pro makes the perfect Valentine's Day gift!" :joy: :rofl: :grin:

14 Likes

It depends how well you manage it.... (Just brutal.... :wink: ... and sarcastic.... )

I think yes, for Jan 2024. What we don't know and can't predict as regular users (not staff) is if there's a plan to release a Pro Only app, etc. It would be very unlike Hubitat to do so, but could be.

I'm willing to guess that there's some company that sells quite a few hubs that 'funded' this upgrade. We know that's why Bundles got added in the way they did, back then.

2 Likes

That sounds like an excellent example of who needs this upgrade.

1 Like

Oh man are you going to be living it up in your new home...

3 Likes

My man!

2 Likes