[RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

Am I missing something?
I did exactly as first post said to integrate with google home. Is there another step to actually add it to my home? I tried adding using google home app in HE but it just gets removed

Just checked, the Google Home control is working fine.

Where is your device removed from? The list of shared devices in HE inbuilt Google Home integration app, or the device disappears from the Home app on your phone?

I add it in the google home app in HE. CLICK UPDATE and DONE. After a minute I go back into the app and it’s removed. Assuming because it’s not supported.

Create a virtual switch that activates the shade then expose that switch to google and see if it works.

1 Like

Which driver version are you using?
Driver version is listed in the device web page 'State Variables' section. The latest is 3.2.2.

I just noticed that the link to the raw code on the first post is not updated to the new code URL in GitHub... I have asked Amos to correct it.

Please use the new code location to download the latest version :

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amosyuen/hubitat-zemismart-zigbee/main/Zemismart%20Zigbee%20Blind.groovy

Or even better - use the Hubitat Package Manager – HubitatCommunity app to automatically install and update to the latest drivers and apps versions.

1 Like

But is one still able to have it open to specific % ?

I initially installed it via HPM… will need to verify device driver when I get home

No. You have to create a virtual switch for each percentage. This isn't a limitation of Hubitat, this is a limitation of the Google API. The amazon echo integration is better and I believe allows percentage commands.

That's correct, but it is overcome in this driver by presenting the blinds as a dimmable 'light' to Google Home. I just tested it this morning, it was a new Zemismart blind, I just added it to HE Google Home app, and 30 seconds later checked its working on my Android test test phone.
I can freely set any % position from the phone and the blind is partially open or closed as commanded. When home I will try GH voice commands, but I am pretty sure that 'Hey Google, close the blinds by 20%' worked before. And I don't remember if I have made any other special settings..

When you have a chance, can you test it with your blinds/shades?

1 Like

didn't realize it could be set in the driver itself...

I remembered what was specific for GH - do not add the blinds to any actual room, otherwise, it will be opened or closed together when you say 'turn on/off the lights.

1 Like

So you fill out info in GH community app and then add it in the google home app in HE and that’s it?
I have 3.2.2 driver

I updated the first post link.

1 Like

The first post instructions are to use Google Home Community, that is NOT the same as the hubitat Google Home App

I don't use Hubitat for GH integration anymore, but it worked fine for me as a curtain if you install the Google Home Community app following their instructions at https://github.com/mbudnek/google-home-hubitat-community, then configure the curtain as specified in the first post.

1 Like

@amosyuen Started seeing this in my log

1 Like

I will remove the warning in the next update, its nothing to worry about - just one of the Tuya specific commands that we do not use in this driver.

1 Like

I just received my Loratap curtain robot LoraTap ZigBee 3.0 Curtainbot Driver Roman Rod I Type Curtain Motors Tuya Smart Life Remote Alexa Google Home Voice Control which is identical to the Zemismart zm85el-2z. While the driver works, I hadn't realised that the end positions can't be set from HE so will need to get their remote (another 2 week wait :frowning_face:)

So the close/open/on/off/push button commands seem to be working ok. (the motor just keeps going as presumably no end positions are defined yet)

I have no idea how these commands work though (they just seem to act as start and stop buttons in the direction indicated)

These don't seem to do anything physically (motor doesn't turn):

(Set Position to x or either of the 2 Step Open/Close buttons changes the state but it always gets stuck on the 12% position regardless of what number is input:)

Other than that (hopefully someone can give me a quick run down on the above) the unit seems to be pretty decently made. I haven't installed it yet as my curtain rod is thicker than the sliders supplied so am making new ones to fit.

Please post the 'Data' section of the curtain robot web page in HE.

Here it is

Also this may be of value?
tuya

Clusters and endpoints are identical to the zemismart.

1 Like