[RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

I noticed exactly the same! And your model is not Zemismart white label, but SwitchBot .. is it this one ?

1 Like

Nope - https://amzn.eu/d/3p4sYPB
Think its this one direct - ZH Li-battery Blind Chain Motor for All Traditional Manual Roller Blinds, Zebra Shade, Honeycomb Blinds with Zigbee | Blinds Chain Motor | Tuya Expo

Its a Tuya Blind Motor (same as ZemiSmart). Its working perfectly, just reporting the wrong way around

Instructions show "ZM85EL-1x"

Thanks, I will look at the details a few hours later. Should be able to make it work, there is often confusion with the double reversion of the direction - once from the device itself and second time from the software.

Thanks, dont rush for me though - its just an OCD thing in my dashboards.

It works perfectly which is the important thing.

It looks like behind the scenes they're sharing the makes/models/chips between devices which really doesn't help!

I think this is the problem - the standard is

0% - closed

100% - open

You can verify the above if you install a virtual device if a type 'virtual shade' and add it to the dashboard and compare the open/close position percentage with the "ZM85EL-1x tile on the dashboard . The virtual and the real shade/blind/motor should be visualized the same way.

Cheers, I will have a message in the SwitchBot threat and see if they can swap them over.

I'm seeing this message in the logs for my device which is identified as
model:"TS0601", manufacturer:"_TZE200_nogaemzt"

dev:8402022-08-07 10:54:24.383 pm warnparse: Not a Tuya Message descMap=[raw:9F950100001001002052E2FF2015, dni:9F95, endpoint:01, cluster:0000, size:10, attrId:0001, encoding:20, command:0A, value:52, clusterInt:0, attrInt:1, additionalAttrs:[[value:15, encoding:20, attrId:FFE2, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:65506]]]

Ignoring the "Not a Tuya message" for the moment I tried to track down a command 10 or 0A with no luck.

At this point I'm waiting on a remote to set the end points which may or may not correct this problem. Anyone have any guidance on this particular device as far as setup? What preferences should I be using?

This warning is not something to worry about, I will change the log severity to 'debug' in the next update.

Setting up the end points ('limits') is a key requirement for successful open/close control. Your device is in the known manufacturers/models list, so it should work with the default settings as setup during the initialization, there should be no need to change the 'advanced' options. But still, the upper and lower limits configuration (done with the remote, or for some models using the up/down/stiop buttons and the pair button on the device itself) is a must. If the limits are not set, the motor will not 'know' when to stop and some reporting functions are not working as well.

1 Like

hello friends, I'm looking to buy a zemismart roller blind, I've seen that they come with a dongle, that doesn't work for hubitat right? Let's see if any of you have it and help me, thanks frie

nds

There shouldn't be any reason for Zemismart Zigbee dongles to not work with HE...

It's difficult to identify the motor based on the picture only, please check on the seller web site details if there are any references to a model number, such as am24-zigbee for example?

what does that dongle work for? can't use the curtain without the dongle?

I suppose without the dongle you can't control the motor from Hubitat, but only by using the remote that comes with the device. The remote uses a proprietary RF link to control the motor.

I thought that being zigbee, the dongle was not necessary, only if you use it with yours

Am I missing something?
I did exactly as first post said to integrate with google home. Is there another step to actually add it to my home? I tried adding using google home app in HE but it just gets removed

Just checked, the Google Home control is working fine.

Where is your device removed from? The list of shared devices in HE inbuilt Google Home integration app, or the device disappears from the Home app on your phone?

I add it in the google home app in HE. CLICK UPDATE and DONE. After a minute I go back into the app and it’s removed. Assuming because it’s not supported.

Create a virtual switch that activates the shade then expose that switch to google and see if it works.

1 Like

Which driver version are you using?
Driver version is listed in the device web page 'State Variables' section. The latest is 3.2.2.

I just noticed that the link to the raw code on the first post is not updated to the new code URL in GitHub... I have asked Amos to correct it.

Please use the new code location to download the latest version :

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amosyuen/hubitat-zemismart-zigbee/main/Zemismart%20Zigbee%20Blind.groovy

Or even better - use the Hubitat Package Manager – HubitatCommunity app to automatically install and update to the latest drivers and apps versions.

1 Like

But is one still able to have it open to specific % ?