Getting error when adding Shelly UNI driver

Am working on a project to automate my daughters "stair chair" (she's disabled, it's the chair that goes up/down the stairs to her apartment in the basement) -- the Shelly UNI looked perfect.

Use Case: Need to "press" an UP or DOWN button on the stair chair's remote control box -- bought a spare one to hack up -- originally was going to use a pair of Switchbots -- but the UNI looked so much cleaner

Reading through the community, it looked like adding the @tomw community driver would be quick and dirty. I think I'm doing it right.

Doing "Main Menu / Drivers Code / New Driver / Import " -- then using the GitHub link for the driver
( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/shelly_experimental/main/packageManifest.json )

Code imports. Click "save"

That's when I get this message

What am I doing wrong?

The JSON you linked to is used for an app called Hubitat Package Manager and is not used to manually install the app.

You will probably be ok just using the built in "Shelly Wifi Switch"

Go to "Devices" -> Add Device -> Click on Virtual -> Fill out "Device Name" -> Select "Shelly Wifi Switch" from the "Type" dropdown -> Click Save

1 Like

Well, I feel stupid (wrong file!) -- I use HPM all the time. NEVER knew there was an option "way down there" to install something using a "manifest" thingy.

That worked great!!!! I've got a Shelly UNI driver available now

I think I'll need the specific UNI driver as it has TWO "switches" on it.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, that is meant for HPM usage. For anyone else, instructions and some other discussion are here: Vote for Shelly UNI - #16 by tomw

I'm glad you got it working! Let me know in the other thread if you have any questions or issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.