Need help with OUVOPO MOTION SENSOR

I recently purchased some of these inexpensive zigbee motion sensors. Hubitat recognized them and paired easily. I have them set up as generic type motion sensor.

For some reason the motion sensor is not registering motion with hubitat. It does not show last activity. Is there another custom driverI need to use?

Hub has been updated and everything else is fine except for this hiccup. Thank you

1 Like

Please post the device model and manufacturer- this can be found at the bottom of the web page, “Device Details “ - Data section.

I suppose you have this device :
Amazon link

image :slight_smile:

This is 99% sure a Tuya rebranded device, so you can try this driver : [RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus

After installing the driver (the recommended method is via HPM) , pair the sensor once again, very close to the hub.

Yes! That is the exact one. I will do this and get back to you. Thank you.

Actually, the 4 In 1 driver may be overkill for this simple motion sensor…

The HE inbuilt Generic Zigbee Motion Driver (no temp) should be working with this device.

First, change the device driver manually to the inbuilt driver .

Secondly - obligatory pair the motion sensor again to your hub.

1 Like

Worked perfectly with the 4 in one driver. I don't want to touch it unless it stops working. ThAnks for your help!!

1 Like

Had the same issue and can confirm the Generic Zigbee contact sensor (no temp) works!

1 Like

Secondly - obligatory pair the motion sensor again to your hub.

Does this mean I need to click Remove Device at the bottom of the device page after setting the Device Type to Generic Zigbee Motion Driver (no temp) ?

I'm having the same issue as OP, where my device shows an empty Current Status even after changing to your recommended driver.

I tried power cycling the sensor to no avail, and my intuition is that removing the device and re-pairing it will not resolve the issue.

Here's a user review from the Amazon product page that provides clear instructions. Hopefully this helps anyone else who feels uneasy about removing and possibly bricking the device :slight_smile:

This device, despite the product description is NOT recognized by Hubitat out of the box. You need to download the driver for it Tuya Multi Sensor 4 in 1. And then need to install that (via the Hubitat Package Manager or manually). I could not find it to install within HPM. THEN search for it in HPM if installed manually in HPM. Then update it with HPM. the original driver I found was ver. 1.5.3 and did not work at all. The 'search' for drivers in HPM found it and, update, did update it. The latest as of today is 1.68. Once downloaded, if you have installed the device, remove it and reinstall it. It may or may not pick up the driver. Mine picked up just "device" which did not work at all (at least it saw the device via Zigbee). The change the driver to the TUYA which you will find at the bottom of the driver list with USER drivers. Then click the initialize and save button to push the new driver to the unit. It saw it and it works. It's tiny and has a 60 second reset time. No way to change that with these drivers - yet. It is VERY quickly responsive. Less than 1/2 second. Battery life looks promising. After adding/removing and tinkering for 45 mins, battery still reads 100%. Don't know about false motion triggers. Watching it for 1 hour while working and didn't see any false 'active' reports. All in all, a good little device. I have it in a confined space and it is working well so far.

Some Tuya devices will be initialized properly only when paired as a new device, with the right driver installed in advance. The driver must be selected automatically during the pairing process; otherwise, the device will not accept the initialization commands. So, simply changing the driver will NOT work. You need to pair the device with the specific driver pre-installed.

I still don't know which device we are talking about. Please post the device details (model, manufacturer) as shown at the bottom of the HE web page, Device Details - Data section.