[RELEASE] WyzeHub - Wyze Device Integration (minimal cam support)

@jakelehner I suspect the same change needs to be made on lines 85, 86, and 87.

I am trying to authenticate with the wyzehub app and new to wyze devices. I have the devices linked to the wyze native app. Where do you find the authentication token, the screenshot shows manual entry?. Am I needing a wyze sense physical hub to connect to?

I was not able to get a Wyze Lamp Socket working without modifying the driver to send floodlight commands.

Within the driver the floodlight on/off control will control the lamp socket. So a smart home driver that controls the Wyze floodlight via the Cam V3 should control the lamp socket.

I modified this driver by changing the on() and off() methods to control the lamp socket and creating new commands for turning the camera on and off. After that I could connect it to Alexa as a normal switch through the normal Hubitat Alexa app. I now have normal Alexa voice control of the (dumb) bulb plugged into the Wyze Lamp Socket.

Modifications (replace old on() off() methods with these):

def on()
{
setFloodlightPowerstate(“true”)
}
def off()
{
setFloodlightPowerstate(“false”)
}

I cannot seem to get my Wyze Bulbs (color or white) to dim using these drivers. They'll dim fine if I use the wyze app and have the google app linked to use the my Wyze account instead of the Hubitat linked account.

I use google home mini to control my Wyze devices with my voice.

First, Thank you for the hard work this get this going.

I think an update may have broke the camera code? I was able to import the WyzeHub App with no problem but when I attempt to import and save the camera code (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jakelehner/Hubitat/master/WyzeHub/drivers/wyzehub-ctbulb-driver.groovy) , I get the following:

If you read the error message (first line in the screenshot), you'll see you tried to paste the camera driver code into a new app window, not into a new driver window.

I strongly suggest install Hubitat Package Manager, and then use that to install this (and any other app/driver). It avoids this type of error and makes adding/updating custom code much trivial as clicking 'install'.

Thank you for your input John.

That's correct, I attempted to import using the App. It has New App on the upper left on my previous screen shot. I installed the Hubitat package manager and reboot my hub. I am getting the same error on line 73.

Any updates on adding the motion and contact sensors to this?

I am getting this Wyze error when I try to access the Wyze Hub in Apps.
--- Error: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI

I checked the error log and the following is shown.
---app:132
2022-10-21 08:55:42.162 AM
error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI on line 735 (method pageMenu)

groupDevice = addChildDevice(childNamespace, driver, groupNetworkId, deviceProps)

I am trying to figure out what device on the network as the same ID and when this is identified, maybe I could delete device and reinstall.

If you could direct me toward a solution, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the Code I have been looking for something just like this for my Wyze Cams - One issue is anyone getting this error when I click on the wYZe Hub - in Hubitat any ideas?

" Unexpected Error - " error: Device Type "WyzeHub Camera" in name space "jakelehner" not found

It looks like you are missing the code for the "WyzeHub Camera" driver. You need to add all the drivers included in the package for the devices you have.

I'm guessing you installed this manually; if so, you need to also install all the drivers in the drivers folder on Github (using the "Drivers Code" on Hubitat).

However, I strongly suggest you use [RELEASE] Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) -- HubitatCommunity (HPM) to install this (and most other custom apps/drivers). It makes it far easier to install things and avoid mistakes. AND it has the benefit of helping you keep things up to date.

1 Like

Yes, it's working now after I added the Package Manager.

1 Like

Is this still being actively developed?

@jakelehner hasn't been around for a few months, and there are 3 pull requests waiting on github (one of them mine). I hope by tagging him that he responds.

1 Like

Hi all. Apologies for the lack of response. I haven’t really been using my Wyze stuff on account of having so many problems keeping the connection alive. Glad to see the conversation continue in my absence.

Half the time I can’t even log in to the mobile app without resetting my home IP or getting on VPN.

I’m not even using the integration at this point, and others on here don’t seem to have that problem. So I’m guessing it has something to do with having so many devices hitting their servers it trips their rate limit. Pretty silly to punish customers for owning a lot of your product.

I digress … at this point I am more than happy to give over ownership of the repo, or at minimum add some contributors so other folks are able to approve PRs. @fieldsjm any feedback on the matter?

Transferring ownership would require some effort to update package manager and maybe reconsider the folder structure. So maybe just start with contributors for now?

2 Likes

Or @jlv? I’ll admit I’ve not been paying enough attention to this thread to know who is actively participating.

Take away: I’m interested in handing this off to anyone who wants to take the helm.

Message me on here … or preferably on GitHub.

1 Like

Also. I merged two PRs but that caused one to have conflicts. So that still needs to be resolved.

1 Like

Sorry to hear the frustration. I only have cameras so I don't mind continuing to support that piece as a contributor and happy to help anyone debug when I can. Just not sure how much I can help develop/debug without additional devices on hand.

FWIW, my system is fairly stable but again I'm only refreshing 8 cameras periodically with limited commands so you are probably using a lot more bandwidth. For me, the issue isn't necessarily connection but random unscheduling of refresh so I created some rules to send periodic refreshes outside the integration.

How many devices do you have? I have three v3 cams and the floodlight, and while I've read some other threads (from Apr 2021) about their rate limit, I've not apparently hit it.

@fieldsjm had included my change in his PR, so I've closed this last one.