Hey all. A few quick updates:
- User @fieldsjm graciously did some initial work on Camera support! His PR has been merged in to the
- My plan is to bundle his updates along with the Outdoor plug in to a v1.1 hopefully this week.
- Unfortunately, I'm starting to have a lot of trouble interacting with the Wyze API. I am getting "429 Too Many Requests" errors, suggesting I'm hitting some rate limit. The issue is, I get this error after getting an access token then hitting the API twice in 5 minutes. Like literally ... twice in 5 minutes. I'm no longer polling the API for device status constantly, so there's no way any actual rate limit is being triggered other than some incredibly strict limit Wyze has set up to be a D.
- I've found a number of other forum posts discussing issues with the Wyze API. One being from the guy who maintains the HomeAssistant package. I may reach out to him soon.
- Depending on how these "429" issues go this week, I may or may not make more progress on this over the next few days. As an API engineer myself, this is too frustrating to deal with.
I will probably reach out to Wzye support over the next day or two and attempt to start some sort of conversation with their API team. I design and interact with APIs for a living, so hopefully they'll be willing to be work with the community and start a meaningful dialog.
Otherwise I'll be getting rid of the SEVENTEEN damn color bulbs I have in my living room and finding a manufacturer that is supportive of the community.