[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

For giggles was messing around and was able to do this with Node-RED using HA via a TTS service call (google translate for this example) so it definitely should be possible...

:crossed_fingers:

Here's a pic of the test...

The key, I think is the HomePod Mini is defined as a Media Player using the "Apple TV" integration.

2 Likes

I confirmed TTS works in Home Assistant. Home Assistant uses the excellent pyatv for it's Apple TV/Home Pod integration.

It would be great for a Hubitat developer to create an Apple integration. On the TV side pyatv allows direct control of the app/service/channel much like the Roku integrations do.

2 Likes

Yes, getting PyATV functionality into Hubitat would be killer. I had to do crazy things to surface ATV on/off status into HE for webcore automations. But per the PyATV site, they are only a library and their library does not maintain a constant connect to the ATV for "instant" response/control. Applications that use PyATV CAN keep a constant connection for "instant" response. So if HE does support ATV, it really should focus on low latency status/control to be really optimal.

Homebridge-homepod-radio . It looks to me like it would work for TTS from Hubitat with a minor mod - minor if you know enough nodejs.

2 Likes

Feature request:
Add support for SecurityKeypad capability, which presents the device to HomeKit in the same way as HSM is presented. This would enable HomeKit to show the status of, and control, an actual (physical) security system, at least in terms of the status (home, away, night, disarmed), not so much the lock code aspect...

Would this be something you could add please?

EDIT: I'm happy to help develop it as well. In fact, I've pretty much got it coded. I'll send a pull request after testing.

Maybe add it here, along with the HMS contact and motion sensors... [RELEASE] WyzeHub - Wyze Device Integration (minimal cam support)

100 devices in …

You might want to start a new thread for this..

There are likely other things at play but dunno.. I have 140+ devices w/mix of Z-Wave, Zigbee and some cloud apps/devices but also have a non-standard setup... you want to find out what app/device is causing the issue. You can look in the logs for that.

2 Likes

I’m going to assume that this was meant for the built-in Homekit app, not the Homebridge version. Although there isn’t enough info in the post to say for sure.

1 Like

@tonesto7
I removed my Thermostat from Device selection to try the new Homekit integration but it not dropped out of Hoobs and still showing up in my HomeKit.

I tested other devices like lights etc and those get dropped out of Hoobs fine but the Thermostat is still stuck in Hoobs and when I added it to HomeKit integration it's showing me two Thermostats on Homekit.

I have no other plugins on Hoobs and the only plugins is your Homebridge plugin.

Any idea why it's not being dropped from Hoobs after I removed the Themostat from Homebridge device selection?

I restarted everything. Thermostats seem to finally dropped from Hoobs and no longer appearing in HomeKit.

Updated everything and this warning does not go away, I have gone through next/done on the app at least 4 times now.

Here is the states:

1 Like

Sorry about that. I just pushed out a new app update v2.6.1 to address this.

3 Likes

After updating the plugin and homebridge app Hoobs still shows there's an update for the plugin. works fine just letting you know this is what I see.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 8.16.21 AM

Vanilla Homebridge does not show an update anymore after updating the plugin, so sounds like some sort of caching issue with Hoobs itself, and not something the app author can control.

1 Like

yep works fine

Just touching on this old reply as i'm stuck in the same sort of loop as @ebukva was - I have a heat only thermostat I want to add. I added it as "heat only" but as you mention this adds the fan (which isn't applicable) and it also keeps all the other modes.

In hubitat i'm using a driver which has cooling modes stripped out anyway - but basically all I want is the stat to have the options of heat or off. This is possible with the official Heatmiser Homekit integration, so it must be possible for us to do - can we achieve this somehow?

I'm not sure, this sounds like a question for @tonesto7.

1 Like

@tonesto7

Is there anything that can be done with the Thermostat settings? I realise they're a little bit more complex than some accessories/devices and generally in the US it'd be an all in one AC system with heating/cooling and fans.

In the UK we only really have heating systems. So there's quite a few stats that are heating only, they only come on when under the set temp and the only other option is to turn them off completely.

Heatmisers official Homekit integration works like this.

So I don't really understand the 3 thermostat options in Homebridge?
You'd think Heating only should provide this option, but it doesn't appear to do anything? It attaches the fan module which doesn't make sense for a heating only option and it also included all the other options like cooling, auto etc. It should just be heat and off.

Normal thermostat gives us no fan, so that's more accurate for heating only, but also all the modes, even if the shared virtual stat doesn't have them.

One other thing - testing Hubitat's native homekit integration, I have the same issues with stats, but a nice diffence when I share a virtual stat, when I put it into heating mode and raise the temp over the current room temp the text changes to orange to indicate heating - it doesn't do this via homebridge so it must be again triggering a different option within Homekit, any options to customise this would be nice too - it just presents the data a little neater.

I added and configured the InsteonLocal Plugin in Homebridge but I can't find my Insteon leak sensors in any of the Homebridge Hubitat App Device Selection sections.

What am I doing wrong?