[RELEASE] WyzeHub - Wyze Device Integration (minimal cam support)

Just pushed an update tagged v1.1 adding the following:

• Cam support from @fieldsjm
  • Outdoor Plug support
  • Package manifests for Hubitat Package Manager. PR has been submitted to the HPM repo.

PR Approved. Now listed in Hubitat Package Manager :+1:

what is it listed as. I dont see anything coming up when searching for keyword wyze

1 Like

Good question. I noticed that as well. Also doesn't return anything for "WyzeHub". I must be missing some keywords in my manifest or something. Will investigate later.

In the meantime you can install the app code manually using the URL in the Readme. Then use Package manager to "match" and "repair". That will get it linked up and get all the devices installed without having to do them all manually.

1 Like

Couldn't locate the URL in the ReadMe. I saw the direct links for HA, but that didn't work.

The ReadMe is in the WyzeHub specific folder since the repo is setup up to support multiple packages:

Link to the app and instructions are under "manual install". Still need to update the readme for HPM. Will do so whenever I get the keyword thing fixed.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jakelehner/Hubitat/master/WyzeHub/apps/wyzehub-app.groovy

2 Likes

Got it working! Thanks!

Havin some trouble with the Wyze app.

1. Installed the Wyze app from repo.
  2. Installed all of the Wyze device drivers.
  3. Installed the app for the first time and entered a Token for the WyzeHub Authentication.
  4. Selected my Wyze Color bulbs.
  5. Went to Simple Automation Rules and attempter to select the bulbs from the list of devices.
    • Was unable to find the Wyze Color bulbs in the list of devices.
  6. Removed the app.
  7. Re-installed the Wyze app.
    • Was not prompted to re-enter a Token for the WyzeHub Authentication.
  8. Unable to select the bulbs in the Wyze app as I get an authentication error.

Can you help me out?
I tried to go to the Wyze app code and re-new the Auth token for the app with out any result.
Please help me out. I really want to get this to work and get ride of the IFTTT.

Hi @jakelehner

Have some progress. Was able to re authenticate the Wyze app when re-installing.
I selected all of the available devices.
And was still not able to see any devices created in the device list.
I than took a look in the app to see if any devices were selected and now I see this.
Can you help me debug?

The auth isn't perfect yet. If it gets to where the token goes bad it isn't always able to recover.

If you have auth issues, you can get a new token by going in to the app and re-entering your credentials in the "Configure Login Info" section.

As for your added devices. I have no idea why they would not be showing in your device list. The last screenshot you shared suggests you have a functioning token. The Unsupported Devices wouldn't show up at all if your token was bad.

The fact that this screen shows "No New Device" and also shows your unsupported devices suggests all supported devices have been installed. The script queries Hubitat for the device by MAC.

Double check your device list. They should either show there or in the new devices page.

Oh and I'm not sure about the rule thing. The device driver is maybe just missing a capability definition. Previously a user had issues because it was missing "Switch"

Thanks. I got the login working. Had to disable the 2 factor authentication. And switch it on again..

As for the switch part missing. I used the built in app Scenes and Groups which was able to see and access the new Wyze devices and create a group device. Afterwards, i was able to get the Simple Rules app to create triggers and it worked for the Dashboard as well. Will test the Wyze bridge for RTSP later.

Great :+1: job and thanks for the Wyze i refraction.

Will you be updating the repo over time. I am certain Hubitat or Wyze will break :broken_heart: it at some point in time. :joy:

Glad you got it working. Weird about the two factor. I previously was using 2FA and built workflows into the app for both SMS and TOTP options. Oh well.

I'll look more into the rules issue you're seeing as time and motivation allows. I plan to continue to maintain/support this project as long as interest exists and my time and interest allows. I'm kind of wishy-washy with my own home automation so I'm maybe not as invested as many of you, haha.

That said, I have time and interest at the moment so I don't mind continuing to build this out. I'll add more devices as I get my hands on them or as folks willing to test/assist in development present themselves. I don't mind making an initial driver for a device I don't own if someone else is able to test and tweak to help get everything working.

And I'll definitely make the commitment to (somewhat) quickly review and incorporate any community contributions for new devices or functionality.

3 Likes

Thank you for your work, got my new plugs connected and the wyze cam V3, not sure of the capabilities of the cam working with WyzeHub.
appreciate your efforts
/r
B

1 Like

@ jakelehner, I am gobsmacked. This is what I have been waiting for a long long while. Have almost a full compliment of Wyze devices, but am rather annoyed with the Wyze app and lack of functional web page, plus service fees. Had switched to Hubitat a few years back after leaving SmartThings, and not being SmartEnough to get HA working.

2x Thermostats (work fine, very pleased)
2x Door Locks w/ numpads (much happier than my Schlage z locks)
3x v2 Cams (work great, no webpage to view, service fees stink)
1x v1 Cams (works better, no webpage to view, service fees stink)
1x Sprinkler (works fine, not nearly as customizable as I had hoped)
1x Scale (works great in telling me how bad I have been)
12x Color Bulbs (work great, zero lag)
1x Doorbell (stomped the previous Ring! Doesn't group with the other cameras, silly)
2x outdoor plugs on order for the holidays
?x Switches if I can find them before Home Depot sales out, release should be this week.

What I would like in the Cameras: on/off, Nighttime switch, Motion Detection or better (currently looking into Pi/Frigate/Coral until I found this string), event recording, sound recording, and microphone if possible, mobile access, RULES. As of last week, RTSP firmware flash for v3, v2 already existed.

And notifications from everything. Too many teenagers.

Willing to help test if you need someone. Thank you all for this great community.

Quick question. I see that the camera drivers listed outlet and refresh capabilities (as there is no camera capability in Hubitat). The problem is that in the Rule Machine Run Custom Actions list of capabilites those are not listed. I added switch to the list and looks like it does the trick, but is there a way to invoke actions on the cameras in Rule Machine without changing the Drivers' code? Or if not, should I create a pull request?

My WYZE color bulb is in my devices tab, but won't show up in my apps as a controllable bulb? What am I missing?

Probably best to update the driver. Feel free to submit a PR or I can add when I get to this code again.

I've heard a similar complaint from another user but wasn't able to get enough information to figure out what's going on.

So it does show up in your list of devices? And I assume you can control the bulb from the device page?

Which apps are you attempting to control the device from? I'll try to install one and see if I experience the same.

I admittedly haven't messed with the Rules engine or anything on my end yet. I had an issue getting a light switch to pair with my Hubitat and my focus has since wandered to something else.

1 Like

Specifically, I am trying to set up a simple automation. The first question is "which lights or switches do you want to automate?" and my bulb doesn't appear as an option. Thanks for responding, the integration for the most part is fantastic and opened up a whole new series of automations.