[RELEASE] WyzeHub - Wyze Device Integration (minimal cam support)

Ok I'll try to mess with some automations over the next few days and see if I can get it to show up. It's likely something simple like adding the switch attribute to the device driver. I don't know why but that seems to be the fix for similar issues with the plug and camera.

Would floodlights be a possible addition? The app currently she's it as simply a cam.

Thank you for this! Roping in Hubitat/IFTTT/Wyze has been such a mess. I just got my Wyze LightStrip Pro today. After getting it hooked up, I found your package, and got it working. I added this line to the app to the DriveMap Map:

'LightStrip' : [label: 'Light Strip', driver: 'WyzeHub Color Bulb'],

And voila! Everything worked great. Level/hue/color/power all work fine. More control than I get through IFTTT!

1 Like

I wonder if this can be added to the bulb driver to allow easier color management? As of now I need to know the HEX color to be able to change the bulb in HE

@jakelehner
Do you know if the V2 Cameras are supported on this integration? I got mine setup but I'm not seeing any motion or sound events at all. I wasn't sure since you mentioned limited support what is actually supported on the cameras atm, I didn't see motion or sound capabilities on the driver for the camera although I do see you have motion_notification & sound_notification on the drivers which didn't work when I enabled them.

I added these two capabilities to the driver:
capability "SoundSensor"
capability "Motion Sensor"

So far the only way to get it to work is using IFTTT to trigger the Motion/Sound Events using a 2 virtual devices and RM after adding those 2 capabilities above to this driver.

Also looked in Hubitat Package Manager - can't find. Will def install from code

Shout out to Jake and being awesome and funny:

2 Likes

Hi @jakelehner ,

Can you add the led light strip and pro strip?

1 Like

Is there any integration with the Robot Vacuum and Hubitat? I see its on sale and was thinking about picking one up.

Any luck? I've added more bulbs, but I can't get them to work in a rule. I can't *turn on and set level" but only "set level" which doesn't activate them when the rule runs

Please detail how you did this, I just got a light strip today and it won't install in the app (says unsupported)

Yeah idk what's up with this. I finally posted something over on the HPM thread so we'll see what they say.

Also saw you did a PR to get the mesh lights working with rules engine. Thanks for that! I figured it was something simple but have not had much time/motivation for home automation this last month.

Definitely possible but difficult since I don't own any. I can check the python package to see if they have support for flood lights already, but I try to avoid implementing new drivers without a device to test. There will inevitably be a big and that's difficult to troubleshoot.

If you'd like to try your hand at adding support I can give some direction :wink:

I certainly don't mind adding this but I have a few questions:

• Do you know the "model number" that comes back from the API for this device?
  • I assume with the change you made you're only able to set the light strip to a single color in Hubitat. Is this correct?
  • Does the wyze app allow you to set the light strip to different colors (at once) or is one color at a time? If it allows more than one color at a time, it would be ideal for Hubitat to mimic that functionality, which will require a new driver.
  • @lmosenk - What is the pro strip? Have an amazon or wyze store link?

The v2 camera is supported. Up until today it pretty much only supported power on/off.

However, just an hour ago I realized user @fieldsjm submitted a PR a month ago to add some additional support! Woops. This has been merged in now and adds motion (and sound?) notification.

I have not tested yet. Maybe @fieldsjm can chime in and comment on what's working for him and if the two capabilities you listed should be added or not.

Update your WyzeHub to the latest (v1.2) and rules support should be there. User @bruderbell did some troubleshooting and submitted a change since I was slacking!

After updating to 1.2 I did both an 'update' and 'repair' in Hubitat Package Manger, Had to do the repair to download the new drivers.

It also seems like only devices I've added after the update show up in the rules engine. None of my living room lights show up (they were already installed) but the new light I just added does.

He's saying he went in to "Apps Code", then "WyzeHub" and after the line:

@Field static final Map driverMap = [

add

'LightStrip' : [label: 'Light Strip', driver: 'WyzeHub Color Bulb'],

Note this will be overwritten any time you update the package through package manager. I can add this to the main package pending response to some of the questions posted above.

Resolved the issue with Hubitat Package Manager. You should be able to find the package by searching for "Wyze" Or "WyzeHub" after HPM has updated all the manifests.

Except it isn't installing the Plug or Plug group for some reason. Will troubleshoot after dinner or tomorrow.

I'm more than happy to take a swing. If I understand correctly, I'll need to intercept the traffic from the device. That would likely be where I would need the guidance if there is a simpler method than ssh to router and tcpdump. I would prefer not have to install cfw.

The easiest way to do this is by just using an API client, such as Postman. Are you familiar with using a REST client to make API calls?

Will post a link to my postman collection soon.

Let me know what your level of comfort is with all of this and I can give some additional info. I'll have to refresh my own memory for how to get the hashed password. I think it's just something ridiculous like md5(md5('secretpassword'))

Update ... I was close ... it's md5(md5(md5(password))). You can find am MD5 generator online (where they will likely steal your password) or generate locally using Python or something? Basically just take your password and get the MD5 hash, then MD5 hash the hash, then MD5 the hash a third time.

I'll bet someone was real proud of themselves for this one on the Wyze side. :roll_eyes: #security