[RELEASE] WyzeHub - Wyze Device Integration (minimal cam support)

How many devices do you have? I have three v3 cams and the floodlight, and while I've read some other threads (from Apr 2021) about their rate limit, I've not apparently hit it.

@fieldsjm had included my change in his PR, so I've closed this last one.

I have about 18 or so devices in use. Mostly RGB light bulbs. I have a few outlets and things that are currently unplugged.

You wouldn't think that would be "too many" devices, but something is causing me to trip their rate limit.

1 Like

Follow-up: Since IFTTT has been fairly inconsistent, I have come up with a solution that has worked flawlessly for about a month now. I bought an inexpensive Wyze Outdoor Plug and set it up normally. I then added it to Hubitat via the WyzeHub integration. I can then assign trigger rules inside of the Wyze app to turn the Wyze Floodlight light on and off accordingly. At $10 on sale the outdoor plug was the cheapest solution to my problem and the dual plugs allow me to control both of my outdoor floodlight lights. A very stable work-around.

1 Like

I believe the BR30 bulbs are brand new and I picked some up on black friday. The current drivers appear to work 80%. The feature I think that is NOT working is dimming. I can set the level to 100, but I cannot dim it at all from hubitat. I can dim it from alexa, as I am using the skill for that outside of hubitat, so it is possible - just curious if you were aware (@jakelehner) and what the problem might be? Logs say this when rule is fired off to set the color to warm white and dim to 3%:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'float'. Try 'java.lang.Float' instead on line 436 (method setColor)

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Integer.min() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer) values: [100] Possible solutions: min(int, int), find(), max(int, int), is(java.lang.Object), minus(java.lang.Character), div(java.lang.Number) on line 160 (method setLevel)

Any word about the BR30 bulbs and getting the dimming function to work?

Any word on getting doorbell motion to work?

It really seems like support and development on this has stalled completely. I don't have the programming chops to take it on.

Sadly, it seems like resting one's hopes on Matter support will be the best option.

so im trying to get this going. i am able to get it installed. I have 2fa on and when i add my token from authenticator app it does not authenticate.

When i turn 2fa off and use it then it works fine. turning back on kills my token i believe and it needs to authenticate again and it doesnt work. any ideas?

I believe the wyze-sdk folks had some 2FA issues recently and made some changes. This Hubitat app won't be getting fixed/updated until someone takes development over.

I'm not sure if it's just the BR30 bulbs that aren't working with the dim command. I'm using the normal a19 Color Bulbs and when setting up a rule to turn on using a remote I'm getting this error in my logs.

Here is my rule:

Now if I go into devices and go to the wyze color bulb and press the on and off button it seems to work just fine, even set to dim from the device panel is working, but setting the dim to xxx from a rule seems to be causing an issue.

Now this may be a bug in the hubitat rule system and not this implementation. I got the same error when trying to create a dimming rule under 4.0 rule machine and 5.1 rule machine.

-Shawn

Super appreciative of this effort on this integration!! I am primarily using this to be able to "arm and disarm" my applicable cameras when I am away/night. My cameras seem to be updating the "setMotionNotification" and the "setMotionRecording". But I am getting this error in my logs, is anyone able to help decipher this? I am confident I have the app/drivers installed correctly, so I am not sure exactly what is causing this.

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_jakelehner_WyzeHub_540.apiGetDeviceEventList() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_1038$_refresh_closure3) values: [2CAA8ED5626D, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_1038$_refresh_closure3@7ca0f1] (apiGetDeviceEventList)

Hello and happy new year,

I recently added the outdoor plug, it has 2 outlets in one, it works great on outlet 1 but outlet 2 is not recognized, I bet it is an easy fix but I have no idea how to fix the code. Just letting you know.

Best regards

Hi.

I just installed this to try it out, and found this in the WyzeHub app logs:

2023-01-10 01:15:29.503 PM[error](http://192.168.1.20/logs#)org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_jakelehner_WyzeHub_584.apiGetDeviceEventList() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_1549$_refresh_closure3) values: [7C78B2199ADD, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_1549$_refresh_closure3@b35c03] (apiGetDeviceEventList)

Hello , How can I get Access Token for wyzehub app?

Did you ever play with this?

I'm not sure that @jakelehner is regularly active here anymore.

However, I've been running that bridge in a docker container for a while now and it works well enough for most of the Wyze cams. Some of the the newer devices are using a different protocol and they're working to try and get them to work.

I run my feeds into Apple Home via Homebridge. I haven't been successful getting them into Hubitat--and I haven't really tried.

1 Like

So just found this and was excited to see that my 8 Wyze color bulbs might actually be able to get controlled without routing through Alexa like I did on ST. I loaded through the HPM, and everything seemed to run correctly. Only bad thing is, it only picked up my Wyze Cams, but its not seeing my lights. It did find my groups of lights, but said they were unsupported. Is there any trick to getting the bulbs to show up?

I had to delete my group from the Wyze app. After it found my bulbs I made the group in hubitat instead. What model bulbs did you get?

I setup a camera to notify me when a sound threshold is met but got errors. AFIK it is all setup right using package manager. I reconfigured the token by refreshing user ID, still no help. I am running on c7 hub. Here is the log entry:
app:3912023-01-29 08:46:17.259 AMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_jakelehner_WyzeHub_143.apiGetDeviceEventList() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_627$_refresh_closure3) values: [2CAA8E323055, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_627$_refresh_closure3@1ee9630] (apiGetDeviceEventList)

app:3912023-01-29 08:46:17.226 AMinfo[WyzeHub] [Deck] Refreshing Recorded Events

app:3912023-01-29 08:46:17.137 AMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_jakelehner_WyzeHub_143.apiGetDeviceEventList() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_627$_refresh_closure3) values: [2CAA8E2F4D0C, user_driver_jakelehner_WyzeHub_Camera_627$_refresh_closure3@1a2d403] (apiGetDeviceEventList)

app:3912023-01-29 08:46:17.103 AMinfo[WyzeHub] [Driveway Cam] Refreshing Recorded Events

Thanks for any help