150+ Phillips hue devices

Hello. New to Hubitat with a new build and have 150+ hue devices. I have concrete walls with bulbs inside the home and driveway lights to control. What is my best approach to Hubitat integration.

How many Hue bridges do you have? There are a few heavy Hue users in our community that can speak of Hue limitations/best practices. @oakweb may kindly share an update on his experience managing a ton of Hue devices...

Three bridges at this time. Is there a limit

If they are all on Hue bridges now, I'd encourage you to check out CoCoHue or Advanced Hue Integration - both are excellent community-developed apps that work great. I myself have used CoCoHue since jumping from ST to HE years ago, and it's been rock-solid.

Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) is another excellent community app that helps you manage other community apps & drivers-- it's a lifesaver in terms of sanity! Both CocoHue and Advanced Hue (and a TON of other community apps & drivers) are available via HPM.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you.

Not on Hubitat side, but depending on your needs and use, you may need to consider the network traffic going in and out of your Hubitat hub. I do recommend keeping your Hue lights connected to Hue Bridges and using network integration to bring devices into Hubitat's world. Both the built-in and community integrations are running local.

2 Likes

13 Hue Bridges in this house, 4 in another home I did of mine. I run CocoHue on a dedicated C7 HE in the 13 bridge home. I imported the scenes into Sharptools Panels, I made tiles for whatever I need, Bright, Amber Etc. It's not easy to count how many bulbs I have, but last time I did it was over 300. I have all types of Hues, BR30, regular bulbs, Par 38's, small spots. I do auto reboot on my Hubs every 1-2 days, and the system is stable. I've only had 1 Hue Bulb fail in the past 4 years, which is amazing to me. I moved into this house from my other one which was Lutron, really hated that system. Proprietary software etc.

As you might expect you can't just shut them all off at once. I use delays in rules to run my commands. I use Yolink motions on most of my rooms as I found them to be really reliable, but I also have a dedicated Hubitat running Yolink app too.

To connect all the HE I use mesh.

2 Likes

To add to this, I would move any sensors you have to hubitat directly but as @bobbyd says, leave the bulbs on the hue bridges. And another +1 for cocohue!

Please excuse newbie question...
I am re-setting my set up to avoid multiple instances of devices in different Apps...

I am going through the process as outlined in this thread (CoCoHue for Hue switches, sensors, groups, scenes)...

please can you explain the comment... "...and using network integration to bring devices into Hubitat's world"...

Thanks,

A

Sure, I was referring to the built-in integration for the Hue Bridge or the community effort (CoCoHue)