The Community Collection of Hue Bridge Integration Apps and Drivers
Installation instructions can be found in the GitHub repo:
I've tried to make this integration as Hubitat-like as possible, working nearly identically to the native integration except when extra features are used and using standard capabilities whenever possible for new features. This is part of the reason I started over with writing an integration from scratch instead of modifying an existing integration like Hue B Smart or porting a different app/driver like Hue Advanced. To my knowledge, this integration currently implements everything Hubitat does (except Bridge discovery), plus these often-requested features:
- Access to Hue bulb "effects" (color loop, select/alert, etc.)
- Improved group support ("Change Level" capability--
- Scene support! (Creates button/switch device for each; switch responds to
- It's open source! Customize the code to suit your requirements if you so desire.
- Note: all bulbs are currently implemented with the RGBW bulb driver; this will change, but since this is the most feature-rich driver and the rest will basically be pared-down versions of that, it was easier for me to start this way (harmless, but keep in mind that obviously features like
setColorwon't work on a Hue White bulb)
Documentation on the extra features can be found in the Readme on Github. My plan is to keep stable releases in the Hubitat Community repo at GitHub - HubitatCommunity/CoCoHue and keep more experimental code in my own, GitHub - RMoRobert/CoCoHue: CoCoHue: Hue Bridge Integration for Hubitat. Feel free to use whichever you like, but if you have any problems or questions, let me know which one you're using.
Let me know if you notice any problems! This is my first public release of this code, so I'd proceed with caution, but I've been using it for my own lights in place of Hubitat's own integration with no problems so far.
More to come, including:
- dedicated drivers for Hue Ambiance (CT), non-Plus Hue Lightstrip (RGB), and Hue White (Dimmable Bulb) drivers
- Bridge discovery if I can ever figure out why SSDP doesn't seem to be working...
- bug fixes? I am really curious what people who aren't me find