Hue GO hue settings

Anyone having problems with Hue Go not keeping it's hue & saturation settings? I'm setting the GO with a Evening Lights On scene and then merely turning it off later at night but it keeps returning to a different hue.

I have several and use scenes with them as well. I don't seem to be having that issue. Are you saying that when you activate the scene again, it's different?

yes, when i activate it turns a green colour rather than the warm yellow colour I've got it set at. I'm going directly from HE to the GO with no Hue hub.

Sorry, I use the Hue hub. While you obviously can connect the lights directly to HE, they do recommend using the hue bridge. What driver are you using? You can try using the Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb or the Generic Zigbee RGBW Light if you are already using the advanced. I have no idea if it will help but I guess it's worth a shot.

Thanks Caz - I've got a mixture of hue and non-hue Zigbee devices so didn't want to weaken the zigbee mesh by having 2 separate zigbee networks. Am I wrong in assuming that's the way it would work if I use the Hue Hub for Hue devices? You've made me think!

There are quite a few of us who run hue bridges. HE has a built in app for it. Appropriately called, Hue Bridge Integration. The only issue that you need to be aware of are the channels. It's been a while but I remember having to channel hop to find the best channels for each. Everyone's channel setup is not necessarily the same. You will have to find what works best for you. Just don't have the hue and HE on the same channel. In point of fact there's a bulb, cannot remember which, that reeks havoc on the HE mesh as they act as or are supposed to act as repeaters. People have placed them on the hue bridge and had no issues from there. As a side note, I only have bulbs on the hue bridge as other devices, motion, button, dimmer, etc. will not show up on HE if paired to Hue. Or at least that's how it used to be. Like I said, it's been a long while since I set it up. But I have those devices directly paired to HE.

I should also mention CoCoHue. It's a user created app and seems to be very popular. You would use one or the other to integrate your Hue Bridge. I believe there is also another user created app. You can just search the forums for it/them if you need. Having said that you should probably stick with the built in app. If it doesn't do what you want or need, you can take a look at the others to see if they will fill the need.

Awesome - thanks so much for your guidance!

1 Like