COCO bridge

Hi about a year ago I successfully tested cocohue, now I am ready to "go into production."

At the moment, I am using the cocohue app attempting to manually discover the bridge and add my 26 hue bulbs as devices (at least that’s what I think I am doing). CoCo hue can see the bridge but fails to establish a “cocohue bridge”. Below is the following message,…

app:522021-02-08 07:57:17.235 pm error Unable to create Bridge device. Make sure driver installed and no Bridge device for this MAC already exists.

app:522021-02-08 07:57:17.233 pm error Error creating Bridge device: com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'CoCoHue Bridge' in namespace 'RMoRobert' not found

Note: during a extended test period I installed and uninstalled apps and drivers on the habitat, and soft soft reset and restored the hubitat hub several times.

The error would indicate that you might be missing some driver code.

The main release thread for CoCoHue by @bertabcd1234 can be found here:

Yep, it's either that or the fact that you had the integration previously installed but didn't remove all devices, most notably the Bridge. That can be easily found if it's the case: go to the "Devices" page in the admin UI, and search on "CCH/" or enough of whatever string you need to find just these devices; they all start with at least that much. (You'd want to remove any bulbs/groups/scenes previously added in this case, too; as usual, make sure you remove them from any apps using them first.)

But my guess is the above instead. :slight_smile: Also an easy fix--just add the Bridge driver code. You may also wish to consider using Hubitat Package Manager to make the installation a bit easier. Finally, if it's been that long ago since you've tried, I'd recommend making sure you're not still using the 1.x releases, which are both quite old at this point and have a different app structure compared to the 2.x releases (only one app, no parent/child in 2.x; I'd recommend removing both apps and installing the "new" one to make sure it's right, since it can be tricky to upgrade the correct one otherwise; the drivers can just be updated in place, but also must be updated to match).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.