I've just received my Hubitat (moving over from Smartthings) and am glad to be here at what is clearly an active community!
I'm currently strategizing at how to most effectively approach a few things at the same time:
- I currently have NO motion sensors inside or outside the house.
- I would like to be able to track motion throughout each room of the house for automation purposes.
- MIGHT want to track motion outdoors, but that would be more for security purposes, and since I already have outdoor cameras, this one's a "maybe".
- I want to create some smart indoor lighting routines that follow "if someone's in the room AND the lux is below x, bring the lights up to x" type logic.
- Every room of the house currently has Philips Hue (white and color) bulbs. They're paired to the Hue Hub, and I've successfully paired the Hue Hub to Hubitat.
So with that said, I started searching the forums and was maybe a little overwhelmed by the different approaches. I see a lot of talk about Hue motion sensors (both indoor and outdoor), but....thought it made most sense to just write up the end goal, where I'm currently at, and see if maybe I could get some guidance from those who certainly are further along the automation journey than I