Introducing 'Event Engine'
Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!
- Tons of features! Too many to list here, but here is a small summary.
- EASY to use interface with built in hints, just hover over the - Info - tags!
- Create virtually unlimited Periodic Calendar based triggers. Create your own or use premade expressions.
- Conditions include Time/Day/In Between/Sunset/Sunrise, Acceleration, Button, Contact, Energy, Garage Door, Global Variables, Humidity, iCal Events, Illuminance, Lock, Mode, Motion, Power, Presence, Switch, Temperature, Thermostat and Water
- Transition Conditions for Device Attributes, HSM Status and Modes.
- Can also setup a Custom Attribute Condition! Trigger on just about any attribute.
- Can use Calendarific to trigger on any holiday! No more trying to figure out when the holiday is this year.
- Can pull iCal events directly from Google Calendars, simple copy and paste - no setup within Google!
- All triggers can be mixed and matched. When using multiple triggers, all triggers can be based on 'AND' or 'OR'.
- Actions include Blue Iris Control, Change HSM, Change Mode, Device Refresh, Fans, Garage Doors, Global Variables, Locks, Permanent Dim (level and/or color/temp), Switch (On/Off/Set Level/Toggle/Color/Temp/Slow Dim), Switches In Sequence and RM Options
- Many options within each Condition/Action!
- Share Global Variables with other Cogs
- Easily share Cogs descriptions (how to's) with others!
- Speech require 'Follow Me'
- Flashing requires 'The Flasher'
- Parent/Child App structure
- Create as many child apps as needed
EE now has the following apps built in:
- BI Control
- Button Controller
- Device Sequencer
- Direction Alerter
- Event Watchdog
- Holiday Triggers
- Lighting Effects
- Room Director
- Simple Reminders
- Switch Syncing
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using Bundle Manager.
When reporting problems...
SEE POST #2
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Take a screenshot of the Cog Description
- Turn on debug logging and use the filters so only the cog is being displayed in the log. Then take a screenshot of the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the Cog Description and the Debug Log with an explanation of the problem.
- Screenshots should be from a computer, not from a cellphone. Cellphone screenshots make my eyes go crazy! Too hard to follow.
- Please only post 'Long Log' if I ask for it. In most cases the 'Short Log' is exactly what I need.
-- Be sure to capture from ** Start ** to ** End **
-- Also if posting multiple screenshots, please be kind and use the 'cog' in the toolbar and then select 'Hide Details' to be kind to others.
Note: If starting a new thread for any issue, be sure to 'Tag' bptworld, so I see it.
It sounds interesting.
What are the advantages (differences?) between this and using the RM 4.0 engine?
When would the RM 4.0 engine be the thing to use instead?
Apples and oranges. This will never do all the things RM can do. This is just an alternative solution to get things automated. Biggest difference though would be the interface and the use of 'And' in the trigger logic.
Woah...going to need to do some looking and playing. Thanks!
Looks pretty cool. One thing I'd like to see in apps is the ability to do an "any" with contact sensors, motion sensors, etc. As in "if any of these sensors are open/closed" or "any motion sensors are active/inactive."
I believe Event Control supports the "All" case, but not the "Any" case. So far I've only been able to access support for the "Any" case in RM.
Thanks for listening, really appreciate your apps.
I just took a quick look, this should be easy enough to do. Look for an update tomorrow.
Oops...sorry, I got a little skosh excited.
Also, have you looked at that app that consolidates multiple motion sensors into one virtual?
I think the goal is to do what you mentioned.
I did, but I needed both both an "All" and an "Any" option in the same place, and IRRC it could not do that for me.
I.e., if any of these contact sensors is open, do this. If all of these contact sensors are closed, do that.
The amount, number, and quality of apps that you've produced is quite amazing....Great Job!
Can one of the triggers be date?
New version on GitHub...
1.0.1 - 09/06/20 - Made Contact, Motion and Switch Triggers 'and' or 'or'
I'll look into it.
Got the new update w/the "Any" capability, thanks for working on this!
I did notice something I missed the first time, there is no time restriction (run between x o'clock and y o'clock. If that could be added this could manage my automation for the times when I want it to run (10pm-2am).
However, I'm unable to make it work in its current state, not sure if I'm misunderstanding how to set it up, or if the trigger requires that the door be opened after the event is set, or already being open is sufficient to trigger. Here's my setup - can't get it to turn on any light. I have a door open in the group monitored confirmed (Family room slider) that should kick this event off...
EDIT: NVM, I just opened a window in the monitored list, and the automation ran. So it requires that the contact sensor fire after the automation is running, which I can control via the "Switch to enable" option...DOH, just figured that out.
So is it a big deal to have this run if contacts are already open (or already closed) when the automation starts?
I'll get back to you soon... BIG update coming.
There sure is! Choose 'Time/Days', 'Between two times?'
If the device is already in the wrong state when first setting up this app, it won't catch it until it changes state again.
New version on GitHub...
1.0.2 - 09/06/20 - Added Periodic Options, minor adjustments
This is the FULL Periodic Cron Generator! Extremely power way to setup when this app runs. Take your time with this, it takes a little bit to wrap your head around it if you haven't used a cron generator before.
how do multiple triggers with AND work? becuase devices cannot change state at the exact same millisec.. so does the and check the current state instead of triggering on a changed state.. Still confusing becuase you cannot trigger on a current state .. something has to change to trigger>?
Yup, it does take something to change state. But on each state change, it checks all triggers selected. Once they are all true, the event fires.
Just have to think outside the box!
cool so I asume if i add time 1202 - 3:00 , mode home and motion all inactive (10 minutes) this is basically the same as things quiet down in the old smartthings..
Is it possible to add garage door control, lock control etc to this as well for an action.
because i then turn off lights lock doors etc. actually i can do that in rule machine on change of mode to night anyway.
or alternatively how do i do a rule machine rule.. with only firing the action?
This looks great!
About about "Between Sunrise and Sunset"? I'd like my patio light switch to toggle on/off when the back door has been opened in the evening and early morning.
Damn...that was easy to set up...easier than Webcore. I'm really going to enjoy this local control (ST/Webcore user for 3 years).
added to the list
One of the actions is to run a rule