Introducing 'Event Engine'
Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!
- Tons of features! Too many to list here, but here is a small summary.
- EASY to use interface with built in hints, just hover over the - Info - tags!
- Create virtually unlimited Periodic Calendar based triggers. Create your own or use premade expressions.
- Conditions include Time/Day/In Between/Sunset/Sunrise, Acceleration, Button, Contact, Energy, Garage Door, Global Variables, Humidity, iCal Events, Illuminance, Lock, Mode, Motion, Power, Presence, Switch, Temperature, Thermostat and Water
- Transition Conditions for Device Attributes, HSM Status and Modes.
- Can also setup a Custom Attribute Condition! Trigger on just about any attribute.
- Can use Calendarific to trigger on any holiday! No more trying to figure out when the holiday is this year.
- Can pull iCal events directly from Google Calendars, simple copy and paste - no setup within Google!
- All triggers can be mixed and matched. When using multiple triggers, all triggers can be based on 'AND' or 'OR'.
- Actions include Blue Iris Control, Change HSM, Change Mode, Device Refresh, Fans, Garage Doors, Global Variables, Locks, Permanent Dim (level and/or color/temp), Switch (On/Off/Set Level/Toggle/Color/Temp/Slow Dim), Switches In Sequence and RM Options
- Many options within each Condition/Action!
- Share Global Variables with other Cogs
- Easily share Cogs descriptions (how to's) with others!
- Speech require 'Follow Me'
- Flashing requires 'The Flasher'
- Parent/Child App structure
- Create as many child apps as needed
EE now has the following apps built in:
- Button Controller
- Room Director
- Device Sequencer
- BI Control
- Direction Alerter
- Holiday Triggers
- Simple Reminders
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Take a screenshot of the Cog Description
- Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.
- Screenshots should be from a computer, not from a cellphone. Cellphone screenshots makes my eyes go crazy! Too hard to follow.
- Please only post 'Long Log' if I ask for it. In most cases the 'Short Log' is exactly what I need.
-- Be sure to capture from ** Start ** to ** End **
-- Also if posting multiple screenshots, please be kind and use the 'cog' in the toolbar and then select 'Hide Details' to be kind to others.
Note: If starting a new thread for any issue, be sure to 'Tag' bptworld, so I see it.