[Deprecated] Direction Alerter - Get notified on the direction something is moving in

Introducing 'Direction Alerter'
Get notified on the direction something is moving in. Great for a Driveway Alert with direction.

This app has been merged into Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Features:

• Uses motion sensors and/or contact sensors to determine direction
  • Get notifications based on direction
  • All speech requires 'Follow Me'
  • Flashing Lights requires 'The Flasher'
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

8 Likes

Hi Bryan this app looks awesome! Could you also add door contacts? As I have a mighty mule hooked to a door contact to give me an alert, but could put a motion sensor out with it. Thanks again for all your great work!

Added to the list

1 Like

Thanks Bryan!

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.1 - 07/29/20 - Added using contact sensors as an option

NOTE: All child apps have to re-select the devices! Sorry. :grin:

2 Likes

I have installed your Driveway direction alerter and Follow Me. I probably have missed something, and am hoping you can help. This is the app description copied from the child app in Follow me.

Follow Me App (2.3.3) - Follow Me Child

Destination: Speakers
Speaker Option: MediaPlayer: NA - SpeechSynthesis: [Basement TV Sonos, Office Sonos, Kitchen Sonos, Master Bedroom Sonos, Barn Sonos] - sonosSpeaker - Use Default: false
Volume Options:

• Speaker Volume: 60 - Quiet Time: false - Q Volume: NA - Q From: NA - Q To: NA - Q Midnight: NA
  • Speech Restriction: false - R From: NA - R To: NA - R Midnight: NA
    Message Priority: false - priorityVoices: NA - messageSounds: NA

Any help is appreciated.

Need more info. What is it doing - not doing? How did you setup DA? Are there any errors? Debug logs?

it isn't doing anything. I thought I may have messed up setting up the Follow me. In DA, I set up the two contact closures and use the Follow me as the speaker. I will see what the logs say.

So I looked at the logs since I went out to run an errand and just came back. It shows the one contact opening and closing, but not the other. I will check that out first and see if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Download the Hubitat app