Problems with "simple automation rule"

Again I need your help with something that is surely extraordinarily simple, but I don't know why it doesn't work as it should.
I have made a "simple automation rule" so that my terrace light turns on when I open either of the two doors. But I only want it to turn on half an hour before sunset and until half an hour after sunrise ...
Well, I don't get the light off when I open for the day. It always goes on.
I suppose that with "rule machine" and with an "if_then" it can also be done, but I imagined that such a simple condition could be done with "simple automation rule".
The location of my HE is well set in settings.
As always I am sorry if this is too easy and thank you very much for your understanding and help.

I think you need a seperate rule for turning the lights off outside of your current time frame. Your current rule will only send a command, on/off between 30min before sunset and 30 min after sunrise.

1 Like

Ok, I misunderstood what you were telling me until I read it twice ... it is true that the rule can only be applied in that interval. Maybe I should do it with RM and IF-Then
Thanks again

the SA restriction will only work during the restriction times. i have a motion sensor i use to turn on a light between a bit before sunset and a bit after sunrise. i've had it happen when i've turned the light on because i was doing something, and then it went into the time frame i set for my rule. the light turned off automatically and it threw me off, until i realized what time it was and my SA was kicking in

you could create 2 SA for this. one to turn the light on between your desired times, and a second to always turn it off when the doors close. this will turn the lights off regardless of what times you close the doors

1 Like

You can do this in the Event Engine app in a single instance, if you'd like to do that.

Below is a Event Engine cog description from a cog I created (using my devices, obviously) that does what you want. Either of two doors open, between sunset (-30)/sunrise (+30), light on. Both doors closed, after sunrise & before sunset, light off.

Event Engine - you can install it from Hubitat Package Manager app.

[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

3 Likes

Thank you very much. Always fast, usfull and clear...
:clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.