[Deprecated] Simple Reminders - Setup Reminders through out the day

Introducing 'Simple Reminders'
Setup Reminders through out the day.

This app has been merged into Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Great for medicine reminders, Time to feed the dogs, Trash/Recycle day, Morning routines (Time to get moving, Brush your teeth, 5 minutes to leave, etc),
Anything you can think of!

Features:

• Set reminders by 'Day of the Week' and time of day
  • Set reminders by 'Specific Date 'and time of day
  • Set reminders by 'Every X Days' and time of day
  • Multiple days can be selected (Day of Week and Specific Date)
  • Option to Speak a random message when triggered
  • Option to repeat the message until a switch is turned off or X number of repeats is reached
  • Options to turn switches On/Off and/or Flash The Lights X number of times when triggered
  • All speech requires 'Follow Me'
  • Flashing lights requires 'The Flasher'
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

3 Likes

Nice work @bptworld, another great addition.

Two things I noticed while I was playing around with the new app. I wasn't able to send a push notification to my phone, in the logs it mentions an error in the use of the pushNow() method on the child app at line 536. Should this be the pushHandler method, without an input?

The other thing was that I tested with both flashing lights and notifications, but once I got notifications to work (pushing to your What did I say app/device, the lights no longer flashed. Is this a one or the other scenario?

Thanks again for your hard work.

Simon

Got that fixed, will be in the next release.

Shouldn't be, I'll need to see a log. Also, please update your apps (what did I say, is now follow me driver :wink:)

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply, and the coming fix.

I'll also update my driver for What did I say.

1 Like

Alright, I made a couple of changes.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V1.0.1 - 12/07/19 - Bug fixes

I know this might not be possible, but is there any chance of gcal integration?

Sorry, not in this app.

1 Like

Got to give you ideas to mull over.......

1 Like

Just wanted to confirm the issue I mentioned with push notifications not arriving when configured along with lights blinking was not a separate issue, it was linked to the issue with the pushNow() call. With the latest fix to the pushNow call, both lighting and notifications occur as expected. Thanks @bptworld.

1 Like

Hello,
I updated driver, parent and child app today. I was using an older version but whatever the setting, the date was always displaying MM/DD/YY.
I deleted the virtual device that contained the data and recreated a new one (with the same name).

For unknown reasons, I can't select the attribute to display data on a tile: there is no attribute to select.
Thank you for your help.

Simple Reminders doesn't have a driver. It doesn't have anything to display on a tile.

Looking at your screenshot you're probably talking about Simple Dates :wink: - if that is the case then you have to wait until the report runs so there is data to display. Then the attribute will show up in the list.

1 Like

Yep, sorry, it was about simple dates. Will wait then. Thx

1 Like

It's all about the time the app updates the data.
And the DD/MM vs MM/DD was in fact related to the date settings of the unit that displays the tiles.
In my case, the dashboard is on a Windows 7 computer with canadian settings (MM/DD).
And if you select DD/MM in your app, the result is still MM/DD because of the computer setiings...
BTW, same behaviour for Hubitat clock and date display.

Solved now, I changed the W7 date settings to displays the way I like (european style), and simple date is now displaying things the way I like !

simple%20date%20solved

1 Like

Having some problems, any suggestions? App is set to flash a light 8x on 5 sec/off 5 sec but does it all in 1 second or less.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V1.0.3 - 01/29/20 - Attempt to fix flashing

Settings changed so be some to edit the child app and hit done.

Flashing light is now working. I set it for 2x and 5000 ms. Flashed 8x, but the 1/2 sec on/off was right on the money. It is saying my message, at the end of the flashing sequence, but does not repeat the message as programmed. It didn't repeat the message in the last version, but I failed to mention it. In the last version I had the light set to flash 8x - wonder if that is causing it to flash 8x now. Nope, I set it to flash 4x and still does 8x.

Appears you have two flashes hard coded in right now. I'm guessing you did that to give yourself some time to work on the flash repeat cycles. The on/off duration seems to be perfect now. Still cannot repeat text, unless I just don't understand how the app works.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V1.0.4 - 01/31/20 - Second Attempt to fix flashing, fix Repeat

This is much better Bryan. If I set a message to repeat every 10 sec, 4x, I will get the proper 4x repeat, but the interval will be 16 seconds. For me that's fine, I don't need precision on the interval.

The flashing lights works perfectly.

One suggestion. The default number of repeats for message repeat is 99. Maybe make it 5 or so. I accidentally didn't change it and had to wait a long time for the repeats to end.

My next try is going to be Follow Me. I have lost most of my hearing so having messages repeat and maybe show up on my dashboard could be very helpful.

Looks like another glitch, if I manually turn off the "repeat enable" switch after the first spoken message, it does not stop the remaining message repeats.

I'm guessing Simple Reminder turns off the Message Repeat switch at the end of it's run so Rule Machine can turn it back on to enable messages, or leave it off to only flash or control lights. That seems to work as expected.