Introducing 'Ring Alarm Keypad G2 Community Driver'
Enhanced version of Hubitat's driver
*** No longer maintained by BPTWorld. I've moved all my Ring Keypads over to a Ring hub. ***
Driver now maintained by @jkister
NEW versions can be found at hubitat/drivers/rakg2 at master · jkister/hubitat · GitHub.
New forum thread: [DRIVER] Ring Alarm Keypad G2 Community Driver - Continued
Special Thanks to Bryan Copeland (@bcopeland) for writing and releasing this code to the community!
- Track the 3 emergency buttons - Use them to trigger anything you want with apps like Event Engine.
- Track any code entered followed by the 'check mark' button. Independent of the Alarm Codes.
- Added option to set home/away with a single button push. No need to enter in an Alarm Code.
- Added toggle for Disabling Proximity Sensor. Great for bedrooms and to save battery.
- Select the default chime tone
- Play Chime tones from other apps, like Event Engine!
Note to everyone: This is a community driver! If you have any changes, feel free to either contact me or send a pull request.
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.