[DEPRECATED] [PORT] Hue B Smart

Would you mind just checking if you still get the errors on deleting the scenes now that you have re-created them?

Unfortunately it looks like errors were not limited to adding scenes, just added a new group and got this error:

dev:57842019-04-05 07:55:23.419 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_info_fiend_Hue_B_Smart_Group_2891.configure() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (configure)

And I still got this error, deleting a scene:

app:84892019-04-05 08:06:48.567 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'label' on null object on line 574 (chooseScenes)

Edit: I've also observed that the add/remove page often doesn't populate until refresh discovery is selected even if no new bulbs/scenes/groups have been added. Usually running the refresh brings everything back but sometimes it takes more than one cycle. This "bug" has been present for a while, but doesn't cause any errors it's just more of an annoyance.

On a positive note, with the exception of the "editor" issues I'm observing the operation of the bulbs, groups, and scenes seems to be working very good. I haven't noticed any of the delayed commands I used to see during the early days of the port.

1 Like

@xap

Started seeing some errors after moving my installation of Hue-B-Smart to my 2nd hub, wondering if you have some time to take a look?

Those SQL exceptions are from the internal database, not directly related to the code. To me that suggests the installation of the app is corrupted. I'd suggest removing it and then adding the hue integration from scratch.

Ugh, that sounds a lot like losing all of my configured scenes? Or will they be retained since the bridge id's are the same?

If they are hubitat scenes then when you delete the devices they will be removed from the scenes and you'll need to reconfigure. Hue scenes are retained as they are held on the bridge although you will need to add them back to Hubitat.

They're all Hue scenes, I'm triggering most of them with virtual button controllers in RM 4 on the same hub. The virtual buttons are being controlled through hubconnect on my main hub.

So it sounds like I'll likely lose the "devices" in HE, but since I can re-install them relatively easy it should just be matter of re-configuring the button controllers in RM4?

Edit: Got it re-installed, manually deleting and re-installing the scenes/devices wasn't a huge issue, it helped that I took a screenshot of my RM Button Device rules prior to deleting them as it made it much easier to rebuild.

I'll monitor the logs and let you know if the errors start re-appearing again.

@xap

Sorry to bother you again, I'm still seeing this error after uninstalling are re-installing the app and all devices/scenes. It's not very frequent obviously...

That looks like something lower level than the app. The only other thing I can suggest is to remove the app, delete any hue devices left over, reboot the hub then set it up again.

OK, I'll try that. I do notice that when I was adding my scenes back into the app occasionally it would throw an error. But after I selected "done" I was able to go back in and re-select that scene without the error occurring, kind of strange.

Anyone know if the latest version of Hue B Smart and the drivers has the bug fix included in the code regarding lights reverting to 1% brightness when turned off with transitiontime from [UPDATED JAN 2019] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect! - Community Created SmartApps - SmartThings Community ?

Hi one and all!

Sorry for publicly demonstrating my stupidity, is there any chance that someone could post a quick guide on how to install this/prerequisites etc...pretty please :+1:

I am hoping to receive my new hub this week and will start the process of transitioning from SmartThings/WebCore.

Many thanks in advance.

No bug fix that I’m aware of. I have the same issue. It only effects my bulbs not the light strips.

Is this still the goto App for Hue scene integration?
I've noticed today that all my hue automations have stopped working.

Alexa and the Hue App are able to control the lights, but anything from Hubitat via Hue B Smart is not working. Not sure where to begin to troubleshoot this one, my motion and rules are firing but the lights aren't doing anything

Heya. That's strange behaviour, you could try going onto the app and just checking it can still see your hub. I know there is another community driver now as well. If you want to try that one you should find it with a quick search on the forums.

Is it possible the IP address of the hue hub has changed? That would break the link as well.

I went into the App, refreshed my bridge even though it was showing connected and after about 20 minutes all works again. Temporary glitch in the matrix it seems!!

The IP address is static, prefer this method for my hubs etc

1 Like

I tried to install the driver tonight but I must have done something wrong as the driver won’t save. Getting error “No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types:(...

Feels like missing a dependency but I installed them all. Any ideas?

Hey folks. Having looked at the excellent [RELEASE] CoCoHue: Hue Bridge Integration (including scenes!) built by @bertabcd1234 I have decided to retire this port of Hue B Smart. I had hacked at it quite a bit to make it more suited to Hubitat but CoCoHue has been implemented from scratch to better suit the platform. If anyone is still using this app I recommend switching (I have).

1 Like

Thanks for all your efforts on this!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.