Issue with Philips Hue Bridge Implementation

I previously joined the Hue hub with the Hubitat hub.

I recently added 3 devices to my Hue setup (through the Hue app). Now, I can't get these devices to add:

I click the "Done" button and get returned to the "Apps" page. When I go to the devices page, the devices are not there. If I go back to the Hue Bridge app page I get the screen as posted above.

Are those three devices Bulbs, or something else? Hubitat only supports Hue lights, not outlets. You may be able to overcome this limitation by adding each outlet/relay to its own Hue Group. Then, import those Hue Groups into Hubitat. It's worth a try.

Another option may be to use the CoCoHue community integration. It might support a wider variety of Hue attached devices. @bertabcd1234 would know for sure.

They devices are Zigbee outlets that are supported by Hue...I use them to extend the Hue Zigbee mesh (hence "relay").

So plugs that are in Hue are not supported in Hubitat through the default Hue implementation? If they are not supported, then why do I get the option to include them???

Correct. But the Hue Group workaround may solve the issue with the Hubitat built-in Hue integration.

In this case, I have the Zibee plug in a group, and activating that group turns on both devices in the group (bulb and plug).

As I said above, the plug is used primarily for extending the Hue mesh. The only use they get as a "plug" is over Christmas when I plug lights in that I want to control.

Can you not create another Hue group, and add just the one outlet? Then add this group to Hubitat? I am not sure if the Hue Mobile App allows devices to be in multiple groups or not... :thinking:

1 Like

You can't put the same device in multiple rooms, but newer versions of the Hue app support creating "zones" that can encompass devices from multiple rooms. You could create a zone just for the outlet if you want. From Hubitat's perspective, all of these should be seen as "groups."

I think. I haven't actually tested this with Hubitat's built-in integration; it's possible they're doing additional filtering. I can tell you CoCoHue does indeed support outlets directly, as suggested above, so this workaround wouldn't be necessary. :slight_smile: But I assume it should work either way.

4 Likes

I just did a quick test of this, and it appears that Hue Zones are able to be imported to Hubitat as a Hue Group. The new Hubitat device properly controlled the 1 Hue bulb I added to the zone.