New Hue groups not found

Hi

I did the Hue bridge integration setup some time ago and it successfully found all my bulbs and groups.

Now I have added some more groups, but it does not seem to be able to find them. When I go into Find groups it just says there is no groups not added. Clicking "Refresh Group Discovery" does not seem to do anything.

When I go into the Hue app settings I can see the group is listed in here:

Is there any trick to get the groups added?

(I'm Danish and "Julelys" is Christmas lights" :slight_smile:

BTW: The reason I want to use groups and not just the bulbs directly is that Hubitat can control a group, but unfortunately does not understand the Hue Plugs yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards
Michael

Is the group you are trying to add only comprised of plugs? I would suspect that group would be different than groups of hue bulbs and therefore might not be able to sync across. If you add a hue bulb to one of your "not-found" groups is Hubitat able to find it then?

Also, you are syncing normal bulbs too, right? There's a minor bug that you have to sync at least one regular bulb and not just groups.

Thank you for the reply.

The one group I have already have only ever had a plug in it - no bulbs. But I think it was created before I did the initial setup of the Hue bridge.:confused:

I did a bit of testing, and it's a bit of a mess.

I tried the following:

• Adding a bulb to the group, that did not help
  • Created a group with both bulbs and plugs - this was never detected
  • Created a group with only bulbs - this showed up! And I can turn it on and off
    • Then added the plugs and removed the bulbs - can still turn on and off
    • Then renamed the group - this does not update in Hubitat.

So it looks like there is some kind bug here?

/michael

Renaming Hue groups won't update the Hubitat name--that's set when the integration app creates the device and won't change unless you do so manually. I'm not sure how Hue groups with only plugs or a mix of bulbs and plugs show up or if Hubitat's integration looks for lights and then shows only those groups.

I don't want to plug my own app here, but I recently released an open-source Hue Bridge integration [RELEASE] CoCoHue: Hue Bridge Integration (including scenes!), and I know it doesn't don't do anything special to filter out plugs if it just gets presented by the API as a regular device ("light") or group. Hubitat has barely updated their integration since it was released, and while they may decide to add in this feature if theirs needs to explicitly whitelist certain categories of devices, I can say that I'd be willing to work with you if mine doesn't work, but I assume it already should. :slight_smile:

This bug ever get fixed? Pretty annoying I'm still running in to it 2 years after this original post.

I don’t see anyone identifying this as a bug. The op just said it didn’t work for him. Why are you identifying it as a bug? Do you have data to share? I see no logs presented for a developer to review.

CoCoHue works great with Hue plugs. I’m using V4 (beta) and it supports push updates from Hue.

Not really intersted right now in changing 50+ scenes and about 70 action automation rules.

You could run both and only import the plugs with CoCoHue.

1 Like