Hue Bridge Integration Bug (2.3.3.140)

I'm running 2.3.3.140 and I think there is a bug with the built in Hue Bridge Integration app.

I added 2 new Hue Bulbs...they are seen by the app:

I select the two new bulbs and hit "done".

The new devices do not appear in my device list (the Front Pillar E and W are Zigbee bulbs that I am trying to replace...they had the same name, just renamed them)

When I check the logs, all I get is "Initializing".

I tried rebooting the Hubitat Hub...no luck...

I am unable to replicate the issue. I am thinking that it might be related to this:

If the bulb was previously discovered, it might be already authorized. The bulbs are added based on their id. Check the Hue Bridge Integration app Settings and see if the ids are already listed in the "selectedBulbs" (you can identify the name for each id by looking up the bulbs in the HashMap (under Application State).

Sorry for confusion...the previous bulbs were connected to Hubitat via Zigbee, not through Hue.

The bulbs are showing in the App details, just not being added to Hubitat (gear icon):

I added 4 new Hue bulbs after I did this post (total of 6 new ones)...I can select all 6, but when I hit "Done" none of the lights are added as Hubitat devices...the app log just gives "Initializing".

The previous Hue devices (prior to adding the 6) are still there and and be controlled just fine.

So - said differently - the Child devices are not being added.

Edit:

This screen shot shows the selected bulbs, and the IDs match the Hashmap on the previous screenshot:

OK - since I am not getting a lot of traction here...is there an alternative community developed Hue integration?

Thanks.

There are two. One from @bertabcd1234 and the other from @armand.

and

1 Like

Thank you - will check them out.

I think that both integrations are well done. I have the most experience with CoCoHue since I have used it since the 1.0 release a few years ago. It works perfectly for being able to import Hue scenes and also using Hue groups for dimming up/down smoothly as opposed to having to select all of the individual bulbs. You can use Hubitat Package Manager to install.

Thanks!

I setup CoCoHue last night...appears to be working...grabbed all of the lights, groups, and scenes.

Just an FYI - The built-in Hue integration does also support importing Hue Groups. However, it does not support Hue scenes, IIRC.

Of course, this does not really help the OP due to the original issue they are experiencing with the built-in integration. :wink:

Correct, but it does not implement the "Start Level Change" and "Stop Level Change" commands on group devices (which I assume is what was meant with the "dimming up/down smoothly" reference). There are indeed no scenes.

2 Likes

Ahhh, now that one little feature might just be enough to convince me to switch over to CoCoHue! :wink: I have a couple of areas where I use Pico remotes to adjust the level of a pair of Hue bulbs (e.g. nightstands in bedrooms.) it has annoyed me that I have to use the individual bulbs for the startChanging/stopChanging commands… :thinking:

3 Likes

That is exactly why

1 Like

I use Picos (and a couple other devives now) for that too, and it's about half the reason I wrote it in the first place. :joy:

3 Likes

This is exactly why I moved to CoCoHue. Can't Thank @bertabcd1234 enough.

1 Like

Same

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.