New Hue bulb not appearing in device list

I'm encountering a strange behaviour with my Hue integration app.

My hue integration app was installed and i have enabled all the bulbs on my hue bridge and been able to use them no problem. However, I've added a new bulb onto the hue bridge and its working from the Phllips use native app. When I went into Hubitat to enable the new light, it shows up as available after discovery, I ticked it and clickws on save, but then it doesn't appear in my master device list. see screenshots attached.

And you clicked Done ?

yes, sorry i said 'save' in my OP but i meant 'done'

And if you go back to the Hue integration, is BBQ listed in the previously-added lights?

No it stays in the additional lights to add drop down.

I've also taken a screen shot of the Integration settings page (if that helps) and can see it in the 'bulbs' section:

Odd. Perhaps reboot the hub and see how the Hue integration looks then?

no change after the reboot.

And it doesn’t now add in the expected way? Admitted, because it’s shown as already added on the integration status settings page, it’s hard to see how it could be added again.

no it doesn't. is there a way to get it removed from status page?

Not that I know except removing the integration and re-adding it, which would let you add everything together.

So i removed Hue integration, then re-added.... but the BBQ is still not showing. All other show up fine. Could it be because 'BBQ'' it's not an official phillips Hue device? It's a generic zigbee device.

Ah, now you provide this information. Yes, Hue has a walled garden, won’t let others play. That’s the answer.

sorry! ok, i'm going to need buy some repeaters to get my Hubitat zigbee radio up to that part of the house and connect this generic device directly to hubitat instead of via hue bridge.

Yep, that will do it. Good luck.

The problem isn't Hue, it's the fact that Hubitat's integration appears to exclude devices of specific types ("On/off light" being the offender here from the information shown in your screenshot; they have no driver for this, only dimmable or CT- and/or color-capable lights).

It's possible this device could pair direclty to Hubitat, as mentioned above, and if you don't need/want it on Hue, that's one option. Alternatively, I know my CoCoHue Hue Bridge Integration app works with on/off plugs on Hue. I'm not sure if the new community "Advanced Hue Bridge integration" does. Not trying to "sell" you on a third-party solution, but those are (possible) options if you do want them on Hue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.