Hue Scene

If I create a scene in Hue, will that scene show up in Hubitat? Would I then be able to turn that Hue scene on/off in Hubitat?

Check out @bertabcd1234 ‘s CoCoHue app. That should do what you want. I’ve been using it for several months and it has been a great replacement for the built in app.

The answer to your question is "no" all-around because Hubitat's native integration does not support scenes. However, it's notable that Hue itself does not support the concept of "turning off" a scene, only activating/turning on a scene. CoCoHue (which can import scenes--thanks for the shout-out!) takes good guesses as to what you probably want to do when you call "off" on a scene. For scenes created in the current-gen Hue app, this will turn off the group (room or zone) associated with that scene. To be extra Hubitat-friendly, it will turn off the group using the Hubitat device if you happen to have imported the group; otherwise, it sends the command directly to the Bridge (which the group device will also do, but by doing it through the group device, you don't have to wait for the next poll to get the current group states).

So: my recommendation would be to turn off bulbs or groups (rooms/zones). That's all Hue can really do. But if you really want to, I think I've made it take some good guesses if you "turn off" a scene. :slight_smile: (If you happen to have a "v1 scene" from old Hue apps or third-party apps, it will turn off each associated lights instead since these predate "group scenes." It always tries to do something.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.