Weird issues since 2.2.5 update (Zigbee)

Thanks, Ken -- I was afraid it might be a polling thing.

I used to have additional devices set up (especially from when I was initially on Smartthings, and then when I was running a bridged system between Smartthings and HE), but I recently removed them as I'd become tired of constantly re-encountering "duplicate" devices that would confuse Alexa. Seems like I solved that problem at the expense of this one.

I wonder if it might just be worth upping the polling frequency. Do you know where I'd find that?

Thanks for this, dJOS. Where is this "respond immediately" option?

(Never mind -- found it here)

1 Like

Under Apps, "Amazon Echo Skill" and it's the second option under the list of devices exposed to Alexa.

Thanks -- checked, and it was already set (and it shouldn't really apply to Alexa-initiated actions anyway, I don't think?)

Can't seem to find "polling interval", though, per @Ken_Fraleigh (here) and @christiansandp (here)...

In the Hubitat "Apps", open the "Hue Bridge Integeration" app, then click OPTIONS.

Ah, thanks Dan -- had been looking at the device instead of the app.

Just installed CoCoHue, though, and I have to say it seems to be working brilliantly, updating the dashboards, device pages, and VRCZ4 LEDs instantly (even with default 1-minute polling).

1 Like

Both CoCoHue and the built-in Hue Bridge integration should update device states immediately if the change was made from Hubitat, as long as Hubitat hears back from the Bridge without an HTTP error; it's outside changes, like those made from the Hue app (or other integrations that use it, like Alexa), that may take up to the polling interval to be reflected in Hubitat. Of course, if the built-in app isn't doing one or both of those (I've seen some people mention that the latter doesn't work for them, even when configured appropriately), I can't help with that but could if it's CoCoHue. :slight_smile:

Right -- it was always the Alexa-driven changes that I was trying to address. CoCoHue seems to be updating those immediately on the HE side...although I just noticed that operating the Hue bulbs via the Hue app does not update HE through CoCoHue.

Will have to investigate further, and let you know what I find.

I’ve been using CoCoHue since Robert’s first version and it’s been great, especially importing scenes into Hubitat. Instead of increasing the polling frequency and thus the load on the hub, I just share the lights from HE to Alexa.

Again this won’t update until polled.

Understood...although it didn't even seem to update with polling? (Not sure why that would be, but there it is...)

Just disconnect the Alexa to Hue integration and use the HE to Alexa integration to share the bulbs with Alexa. Then it will be immediate.
Of course you will need to re add the Hue to the rooms in Alexa.

1 Like

I'm with you, Ken -- thanks!

1 Like

So I wanted to report back - I don't know if this had any impact on my C-5 BUT in helping another member I temporarily re-enabled Z-Wave on my C-5 and paired a Z-Stick. Noticed a left over ghost device.

Wondering what impact this would have if the Z-Wave service was disabled... probably no impact but removed it anyway, rebooted and shutdown the ZW service again....

Well, everything was running smooth on 2.2.4 and I was feeling frisky, so I went back to 2.2.5. Surely it was just a fluke, right? Nope. My Zigbee network is once again trash. Argh!

What zigbee channel are you on currently?

20 I believe.

Can you bump it up to 25 to get it out of the channel 6 wifi lobe? It'll still be in the channel 11 lobe but not nearly as bad as being bombarded by both. Don't use 26 as it's not supported on all devices and has a restricted power output. The devices should go into panic mode and swap over within about 20 minutes or so.

1 Like

Also download a wifi analyzer on your phone and see what network channels are around you. Here is Wifi Analyzer on the google play store that I use.

1 Like

Hello from the future. Curious if your zigbee network stabilized, since we're several revisions from where you had issues.

2 Likes