[How to] Wake up light (RuleMachine only, no scenes ect)

Here is an example to create a wake up light only with RuleMachnie. My example is set up for 30min and turns from red to orange to withe. It is pretty straight forward so there is no need for more words. Maybe I can add a video at some point.

Have fun!

(PS: I use coco hue to set the color wheel to 360 instead of the original 100 degrees for smoother color steps). You may have to implement some maths changes for your case.

5 Likes

Hi. excellent Idea. could you please export your rule and share it here please? many thanks.

Exporting a rule? how?

PS: I'm the OP, I just created a new account.

@caitlyn.shim Hi, I changed my account so I can't response with the OP account.
Let's figuere that out...

You have to put the Variable name like Bri in the field where you usually put in a nummber. I am at work at the moment but I am happy to help you later today.

We're you ever able to export this rule?

Hi! I plan on using two color-capable lights in our bedroom, positioned several feet apart.

I would like to simulate a slow sunrise for a better wake up experience each morning.

Ideally I would like each lightbulb to have a different light pattern to fully take advantage of having more than a single bulb, to create a wider light stage, which I think would make the sunrise appear even more natural.

Is this even possible? I think it is using the Philips Hue color bulbs, by using one of their community-built apps.

Is it possible to do with a non-Philips solution? Their products are really expensive. I would prefer a Z-Wave solution if this is feasible.