HPM - Need help to add driver I created

So I am a newbie and created 2 drivers with the help of GPTChat and want to publish the drivers so they are available in HPM, I tried to go through the readme and such but got completely lost.

Can someone help me out. Can you list all the files I need to have and link me to your files you made so I can use them as an example.

I seen stuff about Master Manifest, Intermediate Manifest, Package Manifest, Bundle Manifest, and file.js

Stuff about ID number for the drivers, Categories, Tags

just lost, seems like the info is a bit scattered and not newbe friendly.

I kind get github so that part I belive we can skip, just need to know what files I need and where they belong

Tagging @csteele as an "interested party" :slight_smile:

The up-shot is that if you have found the documentation or info hard to follow, then it would be good to share more details about where/how you tried to work out what to do, so it can be improved for other new users.

For those considering including their creations in HPM, see the main HPM topic on the Community:

My general understanding is:

• You setup a repository JSON file that lists out each of your drivers / apps with links to their manifests
  • In GitHub you create a fork of the HPM repository and update the HPM setup to include your repository, creating a Pull Request as a way of requesting inclusion of your repository in HPM
  • Your package manifest(s) (one for each driver or app you create) includes key info like the version number, release notes and list of files included

If you want a ( questionable :slight_smile: ) example, you can look at my repository and linked package manifests, but others may be more aligned to the... better practices.... that should be followed.

Repository - hubitat/repository.json at master · sburke781/hubitat · GitHub
Simple Driver Examples:

Bundle and Non-Code File Example

There are utilities for simplifying the process, but early on I opted just to take an example and tweak the id's a bit each time, plus other relevant information.

2 Likes

From another thread:

2 Likes

Were you successful at creating the JSON files? I haven't seen a request to update the Master Repository with those two lines identifying yourself and the location of your manifests.

Example:

{
  	"name": "LinptechES1",
  	"location": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/csteele-PD/Hubitat-public/master/linptechRepo.json"
  },

Creating a Pull Request (PR) is too much Git'ish'ness in my opinion, so I do accept requests here too. :smiley: Just send me your two lines as a PM (private message) and I'll react to it.

I have not had a chance to get back to checking this out. My dog got very sick so i have been tending to her care. Have another vet apointment monday.

But when i get time i will.

1 Like

Sounds like your priorities are right. Holler if you get stuck.

3 Likes