Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

will this work with the Broadlink RM4C Pro "Bestcon" or does it have to be the RM4 pro?
i need RF :slight_smile:

:person_shrugging: Tom's work is based on the python-broadlink, which supports RM4C mini, but makes no mention of RM4C Pro. If you're in the EU or Australia, then 315 MHz isn't included in those versions.

2 Likes

Give it a try, but make sure you can return it if it isn't compatible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, i'll order one of the rm4c pro EU version and report back if it works

I found this where they say it is supported

And the other ones a hard to find in Denmark

1 Like

Hello @tomw. I too am a newbie to Hubitat.
I am trying to control a light with IR remote via the braodlink rm4 mini. I can get things to work in the app but i want to control it in Hubitat.
I tried to enter the bundle zip file but i cant seem to get it to work. I also tried to use the driver code but couldn't manage that either. I am sure that it is something silly that I am not doing right but I just cant get it figured out. Thanks in advnace.

The easiest way to install most community apps & drivers is Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) which is also a community app itself.

HPM greatly simplifies installations and also provides easy access to any future updates, and has a great serach tool for finding new things -- it's a big win.

Not every community app/driver out there is available in HPM, but most of the most popular ones are -- and this one is.

Welcome to Hubitat!

1 Like

I agree with the recommendation to use HPM. It really simplifies the installation process.

You can also use the readme on my GitHub page for this component (link is in first post of this thread) for detailed installation and configuration instructions. Please post back if that info doesn't clear things up.

Thank you both. It worked like a charm.

1 Like

So I have been able to connect the broadlink rm4 mini to the app. I have been able to add the driver to Hubitat.
Now I am having trouble adding the device to hubitat. Do i add it manually as a virtual device? If so, do i then make the "type" be broadband remote and the "device name" be anything that i want?

Thanks

Have you looked at the readme mentioned in the very 1st post (top of thread)?

Lots of great information (including your ? about virtual devices) are covered in the readme.

1 Like

Yes. Just read it and got the basics.
Where do i find the IP address of my broadlink device?
Sorry for the dumb questions....still learning.

The BL device's IP would be found in your router's interface -- wherever you'd look up IP addresses for any of your other wifi stuff around the house.

Hi Tom, the Broadlink / Bestcon RM4C Pro works perfectly!
just add it to the broadlink app, unlock and your driver works :smiley:

2 Likes

So I am trying to get the hubitat to communicate with the broadlink. I entered the IP address but the status says "device is locked in Broadlink app." I closed out the app and even tried to delete the device from the app, but cant seem to get it to say anything except initializing or locked. Help please

This is all based on iOS, so I'm not sure if Android is different. In the BL app's main page, click on the Broadlink device (mine are in the "Gateway" section) to open its device page.

There, click the ellipsis icon in upper right, and go to "Property" in its menu... That'll open another details page -- the "Lock device" option is at the bottom of that page. That option must be unchecked for this integration to work.

1 Like

Ok. I did that. Now it says "initializing". What should i do now?

Try pressing "Initialize" again on the device page - that usually shakes it loose.

Thanks Hydro311.

I managed to create and save a few codes and see them in the system manager app. Now what i am trying to do is use the virtual device and new codes in some basic rules but i cant seem to find my device under any of the tabs. What am i doing wrong?

If you mean "Basic Rules" the app, I'm not sure how or if it works -- I don't use that app, so I'm not familiar with it.

In Rule Machine, the selection goes like this.

Thats very helpful. Thanks. Enough for tonight. I am sure i will be on with more questions tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like