Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

Are you sure you're using my driver? The message should read: "sweeping frequency - press and HOLD remote". Just sanity checking what you are using.

yes sir, it said that, just didn't remember the rest of the wording so i shortened it, haha.

Possibly have to press multiple times, i had to do that with the broadlink as well. im waiting for the remote to charge up and give it another go. I will let you know.

Thank you for the help. Good to see the developer active on here...

1 Like

I just released v0.9.10, which has support for importing LIRC codes.

I tested this on a few input files for devices that I have, but I would appreciate any feedback on files that don't import successfully.

In order to import LIRC codes you first need to upload the .conf file from the LIRC database to your Hubitat local storage. Then you can import all of the codes in the file by specifying its filename in my Broadlink System Manager app.

4 Likes

FYI, I tried to install with HPM 1.8.11 but it kept on failing. After I manually imported the bundle I was able to install with HPM.

Please check the actual Apps Code for HPM to see what version the code header says. It may be different than what HPM says in the app itself. If that's the case, your can try repairing HPM from within HPM.

1 Like

You're right, the version in the app code was 1.8.3. Thank you. I've repaired it now.

1 Like

Dude!!! I just bought a RM4 mini and installed your driver, and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for this excellent work. I can now dump the old Logitech Harmony hubs that were acting flaky on my and focus on this integration. Super nice - thank you.

2 Likes

So it’s not just me. I don’t know WTF Logitech did (if anything), but we’ve been having the hardest time controlling our AV equipment in the last few months. Rebuilding activities does nothing to correct the issues. It’s like they’re trying to make it unusable to get us off it sooner (I’m sure it’s something else, but it’s pretty unpleasant to use lately).

My wife misplaced the factory remote for our Frame TV, so I guess I’m going to have to breakdown and buy a new one. That was a far better experience than Harmony, but it hasn’t turned up in over 6 months. Will probably find it once I buy a new remote :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dang i was just getting ready to set my harmony up in the new place. Looks like im sticking with my broadlink as well

Ive had it integrated through node red for years. Ive never seen it miss so long as everything was humming along.

Im going to have to try this integration. Looks like its rock solid as well.

1 Like

Nah, I'd give your Harmony a shot. I just unplugged and re-plugged the one connect cord to the Frame TV and now it's working. Seems like it wasn't the Harmony after all (although it does still struggle to consistently control the volume on our Sonos, even when it's configured for direct control, instead of via HDMI). :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I agree if you are controlling multiple devices in a home theater like setting. While sometimes flaky, it is hard to beat the way the Harmony enables single activity control of multiple devices in a harmonized way. Just thinking about replicating that with a set of Rule Engine rules makes my head hurt. I am keeping my Harmony in my Home Theater for that reason where I have to turn multiple things off and on depending on the activity, but I'm dumping it for this simpler device in my office where I just need IR and RF codes to control TV and a stereo. I will also use this in my family room where it is just a Smart TV that I want to be able to turn off and on when needed via my smart home so I don't have to buy another Harmony - especially since they're hard to find these days.

Did you see this? Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro) - #50 by tomw

It's what I used to replace Harmony activities in my setup.

Holy crap!!! This is awesome... just what I need to make an easy transition. I think I'll order a few more of the mini devices and give it a whirl. I can imagine all sorts of advantages for having the controller for my home theater be a native member of my home automation ecosystem. Many thanks.

1 Like

Okay - I ordered two more so stay tuned. In the meantime I'm dinking with my first one in my office and trying to get it to control an Apple TV box. Has anyone else done this successfully?

Good afternoon my friend... first i would like to thank you to provide the integration with Broadlink. I have probably 2 weeks on Hubitat, i used to have Wink on my house, I have a broadlink RM4 pro to control my windows hurricane shutters, I have currently all my shutters running on my broadlink app with no issues, how do i add or migrate my existing shutter devices from broadlink to Hubitat? Or do i need to create new virtual devices in hubitat and then use the Broadlink System Manager app to re-learn RF codes? Thank you ill appreciate your inputs.

You need to re-learn the codes using the Broadlink Remote virtual device in Hubitat.

I have tried to install the Broadlink package via the HPM and I keep getting this error
" Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/hubitat_broadlink/main/broadlinkSystemManagerApp. Please notify the package developer.."

Tom, being a dutiful subject of the HPM I am informing you.
or in otherwords....help

Thank you
Bob

Make sure you are on the newest HPM. Check the actual code header in Apps Code. Which version does it say? The HPM app itself can report its version incorrectly, so you have to look in the HPM code to be sure.

Upgrade and/or Repair HPM itself in HPM until you are on something later than 1.8.5. Then try installing my package again.

Good day sir, could you please share the link for V0.9.2, I have just found the version V0.9.1

Thank you so much

Thank you for the guidance, my HPM was just a wee bit behind, I was at 1.8.3 now at 1.8.11, so all caught up now. Your package has installed no problem.
Bob

1 Like