How to Install Device Watchdog

I found Device Watchdog on GitHub, but have no idea how to install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Actually, help with installing bundles and/or apps from github would really help

Step 1: Go to “App Code”:

(Yours will be empty)

Step 2: Click on “New App”

Step 3: either 1. Paste the lines of code that you copied from GitHub, or 2. In GitHub, go to “Raw”, then copy the URL. In Hubitat, click on: “Import” and paste the URL in the pop-up.

Step 4: Save the code by pressing the “Save” button.

Step 5: Go back to the “App” screen and click on “Add User App”

Step 6: Select your new app from the list.

You will essentially follow the same steps (1-4) to add new drivers, then select them manually from the device screen or if you added them before adding the device, they will likely be selected automatically.

Recommendation: Start by installing Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) which will do most of this work for you for the other Apps and Drivers that have been setup to use it:

And Bundle Manager to easily install apps that were created by @bptworld:

6 Likes

Thanks for the help. I think I've got it now. Time will tell. I'll be back if I find more questions.

2 Likes

For sure! You can create a new post for each question.

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Take a gander at this. Since you're new to hubitat, it may help you... Also links to how to install Hubitat Package manager so you don't always have to go to github for stuff.

3 Likes