I am maintaining a collection Xiaomi device drivers for Hubitat in a GitHub repository, at veeceeoh/xiaomi-hubitat.
These device drivers are based on the bspranger/Xioami repository of device handlers for SmartThings, but with significant modifications for specific use only with Hubitat.
Rather than start a new thread for each separate Xiaomi device driver as I finish them, I will post announcements on this thread, and add them to the list below in this initial thread post.
Currently supported Xiaomi / Aqara devices:
- "original" Xiaomi & Aqara Temperature/Humidity sensors (code here)
- "original" Xiaomi Motion Sensor (code here)
- Aqara Motion Sensor (code here)
- "original" Xiaomi & Aqara Door/Window contact sensors (code here)
- Aqara Leak sensor (code here)
- "original" Xiaomi Button (code here)
- Aqara Button - models WXKG11LM & WXKG12LM (code here)
- Aqara Smart Wireless Wall Switches (2016/2018 versions) - 2 button WXKG02LM & 1 button WXKG03LM (code here)
- Aqara Smart Wired Wall Switches (w/ Neutral) - drivers by @guyeeba here
- Aqara Smart Wired Wall Switches (No Neutral) - drivers by @guyeeba here
- Mi "Magic" Cube Controller (beta code here)
- MiJia Honeywell Smoke Detector (code here)
IMPORTANT NOTE: On Feb 6 2019 hub update 2.0.5 was released, which included a change to the way ZigBee messages are passed on to device drivers. I had to update all of my drivers to include a compatibility fix. If you are using any hub firmware older than 2.0.5, a preference setting needs to be turned on. See this post for more details about the compatibility fix update.
For a complete and detailed list of Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee devices with Model numbers and Hubitat driver links, see the chart at the bottom of this post.
Notes on all Xiaomi device drivers:
- All references to a mobile app user interface that were in the original SmartThings device handlers have been removed, since there is no UI in Hubitat (at this time)
- Xiaomi devices send reports based on changes, and a status report (including battery voltage data) every 50-60 minutes. These settings and the report time intervals are hardware-based and cannot be adjusted.
- The battery level / voltage is not reported at pairing. The sensors are programmed to supply battery voltage data in their first status report, 50-60 minutes after pairing.
- Pairing Xiaomi devices can be difficult as they were not designed to use with a Hubitat hub.
Basic pairing instructions (except for Leak sensor, Smart Wall Switches, & Smoke Detector):
- Holding the sensor's reset button until the LED blinks will start pairing mode.
- After a brief pause, the LED will flash again.
- 3 quick flashes indicates success, while one long flash means pairing has not started yet.
- In either case, keep the sensor "awake" by short-pressing the reset button repeatedly, until the sensor is recognized by Hubitat, ready to be named.
Dropped Connection Issue:
As of Hub Update 698, real progress has been made in that after applying the update, Xiaomi sensors have remained connected for most users. However, there have still be reports by some users of sensors dropping their connection less than 60 minutes after pairing, and for others within 24 hours. Just be forewarned: Since they were specifically designed to work with a Xiaomi Gateway hub, there's no guarantee that Xiaomi devices will stay connected for 100% of Hubitat users.
To reconnect a "lost" sensor without deleting and re-pairing it:
- Put Hubitat in "Discover Devices" mode.
- For the Temperature/Humidity sensors, Short-press the sensor's reset button once.
For any other sensors, LONG-press the reset button and release when the LED flashes (same as for pairing).
- Wait for the LED to flash again.
- 3 quick flashes indicates reconnection.
- If only one long flash, short-press the button and go to step 3.
- The device will resume reporting as normal.
Please if you have feedback about any of my Xiaomi device drivers, post on this thread.
If you have any general feedback on pairing Xiaomi devices and whether they are staying connected to your Hubitat hub, please join the discussion on this forum thread.
Detailed List of Xiaomi / Aqara Zigbee Devices:
|Device Name||Device Type||Model / SKU||Zigbee Model||Hubitat Driver?|
|Mi Cube Controller||Multi-function Controller||MFKZQ01LM||lumi.sensor_cube||beta driver|
|Xiaomi Door and Window Sensor||Magnetic Contact Sensor||MCCGQ01LM||lumi.sensor_magnet||available|
|Aqara Door and Window Sensor||Magnetic Contact Sensor||MCCGQ11LM||lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2||available|
|Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1||Magnetic Contact Sensor||MCCGQ12LM||not yet known||not yet|
|Xiaomi Motion Sensor||IR Motion Sensor||RTCGQ01LM||lumi.sensor_motion||available|
|Aqara Motion Sensor||IR Motion Sensor||RTCGQ11LM||lumi.sensor_motion.aq2||available|
|Aqara Smart Bulb||Smart Bulb (E27)||ZNLDP12LM||lumi.light.aqcn02||not yet|
|Xiaomi Smart Plug||Plug-in Outlet Switch||ZNCZ02LM||lumi.plug||no|
|Aqara Smart Plug||Plug-in Outlet Switch||ZNCZ12LM||lumi.ctrl_86plug.aq1||no|
|Xiaomi Temperature and Humidity Sensor||Temp & Humidity Sensor||RTCGQ01LM||lumi.sensor_ht||available|
|Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor||Temp & Humidity Sensor||WSDCGQ11LM||lumi.weather||available|
|Aqara Wall Outlet||In-wall Outlet Switch||QBCZ11LM||not yet known||no|
|Aqara Wall Switch - Single (no Neutral)||Wall Switch (no neutral)||QBKG04LM||lumi.ctrl_neutral1||from guyeeba|
|Aqara Wall Switch - Double (no Neutral)||Wall Switch (no neutral)||QBKG03LM||lumi.ctrl_neutral2||from guyeeba|
|Aqara Wall Switch - Single (w/Neutral)||Wall Switch w/Neutral||QBKG11LM||lumi.ctrl_ln1.aq1||from guyeeba|
|Aqara Wall Switch - Double (w/Neutral)||Wall Switch w/Neutral||QBKG12LM||lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1||from guyeeba|
|Aqara Wall Switch S2 - Double (w/Neutral)||Wall Switch w/Neutral||QBKG20LM||not yet known||not yet|
|Aqara Water Leak Sensor||Water Contact Sensor||SJCGQ11LM||lumi.sensor_wleak.aq1||available|
|Aqara Water Leak Sensor T1||Water Contact Sensor||SJCGQ12LM||not yet known||not yet|
|Xiaomi Smart Wireless Switch||Multi-function Button||WXKG01LM||lumi.sensor_switch||available|
|Aqara Wireless Mini Switch||Multi-function Button||WXKG11LM (2015)||lumi.sensor_switch.aq2||available|
|Aqara Wireless Mini Switch||Multi-function Button||WXKG11LM (2018)||lumi.remote.b1acn01||available|
|Aqara Wireless Mini Switch||Multi-function Button||WXKG12LM||lumi.sensor_switch.aq3||available|
|Aqara Wireless Mini Switch T1||Multi-function Button||WXKG13LM||not yet known||not yet|
|Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Single||Multi-function Button||WXKG03LM (2016)||lumi.sensor_86sw1 or lumi.sensor_86sw1lu||available|
|Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Single||Multi-function Button||WXKG03LM (2018)||lumi.remote.b186acn01||available|
|Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Double||Multi-function Button||WXKG02LM (2016)||lumi.sensor_86sw2 or lumi.sensor_86sw2Un||available|
|Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Double||Multi-function Button||WXKG02LM (2018)||lumi.remote.b286acn01||available|
|Aqara Vibration Sensor||Accelerometer Sensor||DJT11LM||lumi.vibration.aq1||beta driver|
|MiJia Honeywell Smoke Detector||Smoke Detector||JTYJ-GD-01LM/BW||lumi.sensor_smoke||available|
NOTE: For some devices listed above, there are combined drivers, so you only need to install one driver for all of its supported devices. This includes the drivers for:
- both models of Door/Window sensors
- both Temperature/Humidity sensors
- the 1 & 2 button Aqara Smart Wireless Remote Switches (2016/2018 versions)
- the 1 & 2 button Aqara w/Neutral Wired Wall Switches
- the 1 & 2 button Aqara Wired No Neutral Wall Switches
- all three currently shipping variations of the Aqara Wireless Mini Switch