Innr GU10 (RS 226) not working - Conflict Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara Motion Sensor Driver

Hi,

I have some Innr GU10 lights I used with Alexa in the past. Now, I wanted to pair them with HE. I also have Innr E27 lights, and did exactly the same, and they worked:

I removed the light from Alexa, thus they blinked and were resetted. However, then I found the light in HE. But it was recognized as Motion Sensor. I changed the driver to Advanced Zigbee Bulb. But I am not able to control the light. What I did, based on other posts in the forum:

• I pressed Configure first
  • I changed the driver to "Device", removed all scheduled jobs, and pressed configure. Then switched back to Advanved Zigbee Bulb, nothing.
  • I used Generic Zigbee Bulb, nothing
  • I pressed Configure, get Info, everything I found, nothing

Do you have any idea? The strange thing is that the E27 bulbs are working.

Regards,

Mike

I was wondering: Should I use the Hue Bridge instead? I read, that many of you use the Bridge instead of connection the bulbs directly to HE. Because of the Mesh? Not sure :slight_smile:

Edit:

Ok very strange. I have different Innr GU10 models. The one model works without any problem. And the other model not. Do you have any ideas how I can find out what the difference is between them? The working model has the number: RS 225. The model that does not work is RS 226 (the newer one).

This is the working one:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 10
  • firmwareMT: 1166-0110-10051567
  • manufacturer: innr
  • model: RS 225
  • softwareBuild: 2.0

This is the one not working:

• endpointId: F2
  • application: unknown
  • driver: v1.0.1.1123
  • firmwareMT: 1166-0112-10096610
  • manufacturer: unknown
  • model: RS 226
  • softwareBuild: 10096610

I do not know why, but HE chooses one of my user drivers (Aqara motion sensor).

Edit 2:

In the meanwhile, some of the lights are working. After 5 attempts in average it does not choose the user driver but just device. Then I can switch to Advanced Zigbee Bulb and it works! But only in 1 of 5 cases... And then the device looks like this:

• endpointId: 01
  • application:
  • firmwareMT: 1166-0112-10096610
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,1000,FC82
  • manufacturer: innr
  • model: RS 226
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: 2.08.01
1 Like

Ok, I really tried a lot. I got 90% of my devices connected. I had to do start the pairing 5-8 times per devices. But 10%... I stopped trying it. I will replace the last bulbs.

If you have any idea... I would be very thankful.

For other innr users: Do not give up. After 5 times you should be successful in most cases.

But I am not sure what the reason is: Maybe Hubitat or it is the Aqara driver that thinks that it is a motion device. I am not sure: Is there any chance to disable a driver for a few seconds without deleting all devices using this driver?

Regards,

Mike

I found the problem. My new innr bulbs have several endpoint. And sometimes, Hubitat chooses the right one, sometimes not.

Here is the thread I decided to open because it is a more generic topic:

Choosing a certain endpoint - :bellhop_bell: Get Help - Hubitat

1 Like

And here is the solution: I found out that the driver "Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara Motion Sensor" is the problem. I commented out some lines in the definition-section of this driver (so that I did not have to remove the driver and all associated devices) and now all innr bulbs are paired without any problem! :slight_smile:

Thus, obviously a problem with this driver.

Regards,

Mike

This is not a built-in driver. You'd have to contact the developer of the driver for clarification.

1 Like

Yes, I know. I sent an email to the author of the driver. Maybe, together we can fix it.

I don't believe they're on this community any more. There are several other drivers for Aqara devices, including ones by @chirpy, and the original ones by @veeceeoh

2 Likes

Ohhh ok, did not know that there are alternatives. Thank you! Will give them a try.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.