Best Aqara Drivers?

I know I know I know. Aqara isn’t the best because of how they do their own thing and don’t follow the standards. That being said, I have a handful of devices and I’m wondering what you guys think the best driver is to use for them. There are so many different drivers. Just looking for the one people thinks works best! :relaxed:

1 Like

In my case, my Zigbee network happens to be much more reliable than my Z-Wave one.

I also have a bunch of Aqara and Xiaomi devices, and I do not have issues with them.

For switches and buttons I’m using -Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara/Opple Button/Switch/Remote-.
For Aqara motion sensors -Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor-.
For Xiaomi motion sensors -Xiaomi Original Motion Sensor-.
For Xiaomi power sensing outlets -Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara Plug/Outlet-.
For Aqara door / contact sensors -Xiaomi Door/Window Sensor-.
For Aqara wireless switches -Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara/Opple Button/Switch/Remote-.
For Aqara temperature sensors -Xiaomi Temperature Humidity Sensor-.
For Xiaomi wireless buttons -Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara/Opple Button/Switch/Remote-.

3 Likes

I've got motion, contact, lux, temp sensors, buttons and their square. I love their design. They all work fine. Very rare drop offs. I use IKEA repeaters which help a lot. Drivers are mostly Markus'.

1 Like

Did you look in HPM? That's where I got them. Not sure if they are still in there given the difficulties these last few months. I think there are also some new drivers prepared by someone else. Search the forum, I'm sure you'll find them :wink:

1 Like

I am using Aqara/Xiaomi door, vibration, light, temperature sensors as well as one of their buttons. I am using the drivers by Markus except for the light sensor where I am using drivers are @chirpy

Note that some of the devices can be a bit fiddly to setup. The light sensors were a real pain in the posterior, but once setup, they have been rock solid for me.

2 Likes

I am using these ones as well.

I have 4 different types and I use these drivers as well. Tired them all over 5 years and tehse seem to be the most mature. Just get rid of non-compliant repeaters, that's the key.
I removed all my ZB repeating devices and installed 2 Tradfri. Almost no dropoffs now.

1 Like

Thanks. I have all Innr/Iris Smart Plug repeaters. They work great otherwise and I have like 13 of them so it's hard to justify trying to get rid of them. These are my only repeaters on my Zigbee network.

On a side note, where is the best place to buy Tradfri repeaters if I wanna experiment? Thanks!

I bought mine (online) from Ikea. They are cheap and seem to work. They were also the goto repeater on ST for Xiaomi compatibility.
EDIT: I have the power plug ones not the USB model.

They work great. Nice form factor and provide a USB power outlet, but they are highly underpowered (my only complaint). Pity, being a repeater.

Here you go:

In my experience, any (all?) zigbee 3.0 repeaters work with Aqara/Mijia sensors.

Here's another one that's about the same price:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001459823340.html

i have few device from xiaomi all working great till now with this drive.

Is anyone else getting the following error in their logs from using the native IKEA Signal Repeater driver?

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: ikeaSignalRepeater.recoveryEvent() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (method recoveryEvent)

This error is not from the built-in driver for the Ikea Tradfri repeater driver. Did you, at any point of time, use a different driver for this device? For example one of @markus "Oh-La-Labs" drivers - the Generic Zigbee Repeater Driver.

I ask this because I can find the specific error you indicated in the code for that driver, available from GitHub:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/markus-li/Hubitat/release/drivers/expanded/zigbee-generic-repeater-expanded.groovy

It is possible that you changed drivers back to the built-in driver, but didn't delete previously scheduled jobs from the previous driver.

1 Like

Yes! This was also happening with some of my motion sensors. I switched these devices back to the Oh-La-Labs drivers, stopped all schedules, and reverted back to my preferred drivers. Thanks so much for solving this for me.

2 Likes

Hi - Could you say more about the fiddly aspect and what worked? I have 4 of the light sensors - I got 3 working with Chirpy driver, but 1 has not successfully responded. Could be a bad one of course.
I'm also trying to get an aqara opple wireless remote to work with the Markus driver, so far, after Initialize it acts as if not recognized, although it did pair.

From what I can remember I had to be really close to the hub to get them to pair. It also took a while for the first data to come through. But once it was working I have had no issues at all.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.