Zigbee Lux sensor (ceiling mounted)

out of interest, what's the use case?

To use in conjunction with an Aqara motion detector for hallway motion lighting. The Aqara has lux but it is positioned in a dark corner so doesn't give a good representation. A dedicated lux sensor in the centre of my hall would be better.

Have a look at the Philips indoor motion sensor, no reason it couldn't be mounted on the ceiling.

It's a bit big for my liking, and expensive! I'm a tight Yorkshireman :laughing: if there's nothing else I'll try relocate the Aqara somewhere more suitable.

2 Likes

there isn't Zigbee wise, Lux sensors aren't very common.

Is there a thread about the Xiaomi lux sensor? I've read about the Xiaomi/Aqara issues, mine seem okay so far

One user, @karl2, has a few of them, and is working on a Hubitat device driver.

I've got two on order, but they haven't shipped as I placed the order too close to Chinese New Year (and it's possibly affected by the Coronavirus "outbreak"). Once I've received them, I plan on putting together a driver if @karl2 hasn't already. Either way a new driver should hopefully be announced here when it happens:

3 Likes

great thanks, i'll get a couple ordered

I'll try and get the driver cleaned up a bit this weekend and put it out there. It'll probably want someone else to take it over though, with more experience in these things.

1 Like

My local Aqara store is still closed here in Shanghai so can't buy any yet, and the online stores still don't deliver... But I want a couple of these as well. Thank you for writing the driver!
If @veeceeoh don't want to/have time, I can do it, but he has more experience with zigbee, so he would be a better choice.

I'd be happy to help, @karl2, if you don't mind testing any changes until I receive my units! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi

has anybody confirmed if the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor Zigbee 3.0 Light Detector works directly with He. I keep reading that it needs the Xiamoi hub? If it does is anybody using it and are you happy with it?

1 Like

+1 for an update.
I am looking to add light sensor and don't really want to spend $60 USD on an Aeotec Trisensor

There is a Smartthings driver [RELEASE] Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor (March 2020) - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community and Zigbee2MQTT support. I don't see a reason it would use group messages so I think the driver could be ported.

I think I will buy one, seems to be their new Zigbee 3.0 line maybe they won't fall off.

2 Likes

Cool. I ordered a three pack already. Lol.

Thanks for the reply.

Are these definitely Zigbee 3.0?

Do they join to HE easy and stay connected?

i can't tell you. mine never arrived from aliexpress.

They are a pain the butt to join, but stay connected. However, all my zigbee repeaters are Aqara-compatible, so I don't know how they work with repeaters that are not Aqara compatible.

Agree with the joining, they can be a real pain. My first one connected without issues, the second I thought was bust. Must have tried 10 or more times and left it. On a whim I tried it with DeCONZ and it worked first time. I then tried it in HE and it connected straight away. I think they must get a bit screwed up and the connection to DeCONZ sorted it somehow.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.