Fish tank water level sensor

Does anyone know of a water sensor that I would be able to put on the inside of a fish tank (above the waterline) so when doing water changes etc it will trigger a alarm through hubitat?

I keep flooding the floor lol

I no this won't apply to most but any ideas on sensors I'll look into. I did have one and the battery was dead more than alive.

I have tried looking for a ZigBee sensor but I got no clue about z-wave. I got no z-wave devices that I no of

Thanks in advance for Ur timer and suggestions

You could use an Aquara zigbee sensor. These have connectors on them that would allow you to connect a small electric cable and set it at exactly the level you need.

I have a few of them and they have been working great for me.

1 Like

What's the battery life like on them?
And do they connect to hubitat directly?

They do connect directly to Hubitat. As for the battery life, I don’t know yet as I’ve never had to change any of them. The oldest I have is about 1 year old.

The Ecolink is Z-wave, but it has a probe already.

Ecolink Zwave Plus Flood & Freeze Sensor, White (FLF-ZWAVE5-ECO)

If your aquarium is close to your hub, it might work without a repeater/range extender.

If you modify a device that does not have its own probe, you will need to make sure that you use stainless steel (or titanium) for anything that will be in or near the water. You cannot use copper wire as copper can cause problems for many aquarium inhabitants.

Ok so the next question is has anyone seen a post or know if it possible to pot a temperature prob in the tank and link it to hubitat.

I was thinking about a raspberry pi. But I have never touched one so if it possible I wouldn't know how too or start it

Anyone know if it possible?

One way of doing it is using the fibaro smart implant. It comes with an option to attach a waterproof temperature probe to it. I can't remember the model of the probe but you can find it in the smart implant manual.

so i have finally received the sensor. im having trouble connecting it to Hubitat. how did you connect it to it? i cant see no obvious "button" to reset the device

Check this thread.

desnt help. there is no reset button on the water leak sensor. i have taken the battery out and tried that but nothing

You'll have to press the top while watching the led blink. The LED is also on the top so you'll have to have eagle eyes lol. It's tricky the first time.

1 Like

Ah lol just found it lol, thank you

1 Like