This device driver provides a convenient way to access many of the hub and hub location attributes. Originally written to provide information for Node-Red integration, the driver has been expanded to include temperature free memory, total JVM Memory, Free JVM Memory and JVM Free % from the Hidden Features Wiki.
Available through HPM, or alternatively from:
HubConnect driver is also available in HPM or at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/hubInfo-Hubconnect.groovy
Thoughts on CPU Load
Not sure where HE has their warning threshold at, but a few general thoughts:
- It’s not a single occurance that is an issue, it’s a repeated or long running high load that you need to be concerned about (believe this is what drives HE’s indicator)
- HE has 4 cores, so a load of 4 is an indicator that the hub is fully scheduled (running processes + waits); fully scheduled does not equal 100% busy
- Understand your pattern - everyone’s app/driver mix is different, so determine your normal/good pattern and watch for long running deviation
- If everything is running without issue, is it really a problem if the load spikes a few times; i.e. if nothing is broke…..
- The load reported is an average over the last 5 minutes, refreshing the stats every 1 to 30 seconds isn’t going to change the number in a positive way, give it a minute or 2 at least (the sweet spot seems to be in the 5-10 minute range for most)