C5 Acting Fishy

The last couple weeks, my main hub (a C-5) has been showing odd behavior:

• Suddenly the hub is not accessible from the LAN whether wired and wireless
  • Can't even access the diagnostic tool at port 8081
  • The light is green, power is fine, and the router sees the hub via the same IP resv as ever.
  • The hub is connected via ethernet to our switch which is connected to our router
  • The only thing I can do is unplug/replug the hub, which I know is dangerous.
  • I have several other hubs on the same network -- they continuing fine.
  • There are no errors or warnings of note in the logs, and as a user of the most awesome Hub Information device driver, I don't see anything weird on memory, etc. on the hub.

And of course, this is my main HE server, so it's the most impactful.

I tried the Hubitat support email, only to get an automated message back saying it's now unmonitored. And the new support portal doesn't have any way (that I see) to submit a ticket. Not sure where to go.

Appreciate any suggestions

Here.

It sounds like the hub is either dead, or not powering up? I don't quite get if it is just a problem accessing the hub, or if the automations and devices associated with it are also dead?

Dangerous isn't quite the right word. It has potential to cause corruption if you suddenly pull power, and the more you do it the more likely it is to have corruption. I don't think pulling the cord at this point is any worse than someone having a power outage on occasion. Worst case, do a restore on the hub. I would try a different power supply...

1 Like

Two things I would start with:

1. Change the network cable in case it is having issues
  2. Change the power brick and USB cable as @neonturbo recommends, and also do a restore the DB.
1 Like

I'm going to chime in and suggest rebooting your router. I have a c4, c5 and c7 connected directly to my asus router. Every so often the c4 or c5 will fail to respond to attempts to connect. A reboot of the router and all is well.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions @neonturbo, @Sebastien, and @2ac16mo!

yeah, I did a soft reset and a restore. So far it hasn't recurred for a couple days.

didn't think of this, thanks. Will give it a try.

Even if I tested the cat5e and confirmed continuity of all four pairs?

never thought of that--will do.

Fingers crossed I have no more problems. Will let y'all know.

Lastly - anyone know what the Hubitat-approved channel is for support tickets? I don't see any way in the support portal to do so and the age old email address auto-responds that it is no longer monitored. Hopefully don't need it here, just curious in general.

The community. If your hub is under warranty you can open a warranty ticket. If your hub is under Hub Protect, you can open a hub protect ticket on the support portal.

Everything else goes through the community.

3 Likes

If all else fails, I would try another one - just in case.

2 Likes