[Feature Request] - Location - Low Memory as a trigger

@bravenel, could the “Hub memory is low” location event be added as one of the available triggers in RM? I would use that to automate a reboot during the night when that location event has been activated and remained “active” for a while.

Thanks!

9 Likes

I fully agree that will be a nice feature since I've already implemented it using custom solutions. The hub information driver available in HPM have different attributes where one is related to free memory. With this driver, you can create this kind of RM.

2 Likes

Yes I can also confirm this works well. You can also monitor other aspects of the hub beyond free memory, like temperature and processor %. I reboot my hub when the free memory drops below 220,000 iirc because that’s when I’ve found things slow down too much. Unfortunately the free memory drops on a regular basis after several days.

1 Like

Can you get the high number or events system message from hub info?

Yes! Hub Information Driver solving it nicely.
Do you mind sharing the attributes you trigger reboot for and their values?

1 Like

Can anyone share from scratch how to set up the auto reboot trigger on Hub Information Driver? I installed the driver and dont know what to do from there.
My hub stops working when a low memory alert shows up. I would also like to just set it up to reboot daily or on specific days.
Thank you

already doable using the custom attribute rule with the hub information device driver.

4 Likes

Or

Hub Information Driver has it's own reboot function that also allows reboots if hub security is being used.

4 Likes

I dont have any hub info trigger events. What do I need to do to get the hubinfo reports free memory trigger event to show?

1 Like

You’ll need to install the Hub Information driver to be able to use it as a trigger:

I am a very basic user. I installed it under advanced and driver code. What are the next steps? I checked under rule machine and I still dont see what people have posted here.

You’ll want to look under Custom Attibutes and Custom Actions in RM.

To add to the above, did you create an instance of the device? You'd create a virtual device under Devices > Add Device > Virtual, gjsn choose this driver for "Type."

Drivers don't do anything just having the code there--unless they are used somewhere.

3 Likes

Here you go…

2 Likes

Thank you @Angus_M! What are the location events for zigbeeOff and zwaveCrashed? They don't seem to be attributes of the Hub information device?

Location events are events generated by the hub. They appear in the logs under: Location Events.

2 Likes

Ah, just found @Angus_M's question in the Hub Info Device release thread :slight_smile: The info goes around :slight_smile: Thank you, that was easy to find!

2 Likes

Sorry was traveling so didn’t see your question until now.

No worries, @Sebastien hooked me up.

1 Like