Aeotec multi sensor question

I have an 2 Aeotec Multi Sensors I had Automations set up for the Motion Sensors to turn off light “AND IT WORKED” on both automations. Then I added them to my dashboard as Temperatures meters, and now the motion Automations won’t work. Can Hubitat not operate both functions at once.

1 Like

The answer is they report everything motion, temp and illuminance if they are the MS6's like I have. This comes from the device itself not HE. It's very unlikely that changing something on the dashboard had any impact on the device configuration.

The only thing I can think of is your hub might be experiencing some low resource issues like memory or overheating or something else. Another possibility is a faulty device

You can check the logs, also Hub Info driver is nice for extracting data out from the system.

Assume you rebooted and still not working. You could try a Soft Reset to see if that clears up any wonkiness.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

2 Likes

You may also want to turn on logging options for the lighting rules and Aeotec devices to troubleshoot what is happening.

2 Likes